Dumaguete Info Search

American expat looking to invest problems.

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by ChMacQueen, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    I gave up on equities trading a long time ago after losing a lot of money, and switched to options trading. I did a LOT of options trading while in the US. I've been here over 3 years now and still do a little. I use a virtual address (physicaladdress.com) for my mailing address for my bank, SS, and trading account. I use the ThinkOrSwim platform for trading. The only difficulty is the time difference. I used to watch my trades frequently during that day, and now that would require staying up all night. I've been trying to use a "set it and forget it" type of option trade that I've developed and so far (using simulated trading) it has been profitable.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I find that anything I simulate goes better than the real thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Did you arrange this from here or when in your home country?

Often banks want proof(s) of new address, such as utility bills - so what documentation comes with a virtual address that your bank(s) accept?

Has anyone done this from here for a UK bank?

4. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    I did this from here. The only thing I needed to do with all of these accounts was to just go online and update the address in my user profile. They usually need that proof of address just at the time that you initially create your account. Once you already have an active account you can change the address easily.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1