Dumaguete Info Search

American national found burned in car Cebu

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks for the clarification.
    But still, "allegedly owed". I don't know either of these guys or their spouses so I'm not sure what to believe with the information provided in the article or other links posted here. For all we know his death might have not been caused by either the Australian or the wife....could be some completely unrelated drama the man was involved in......or maybe just a robbery gone wrong.

2. The Fly

The Fly Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wrye83

Read the story 1st before posting incorrectly! The guy allegedly burnt to death was owed the money not the other way around!

3. The Fly

The Fly Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well im sure we will find out in time? Time being the operative word?

4. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I am not certain of that at all. While past performance is no guarantee of future results (disclaimer from stock broker firms) there are just too many unsolved crimes or crimes in which a conviction was not the end result. Way too many in which a conviction of an innocent person seemed too likely to happen also. Ellah Pique case for example. It is what it is.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    A massive manhunt on the Australian national who was tagged as responsible for the death of a man inside a Toyota RAV 4 vehicle, which had been set on fire on Thursday afternoon in Busay, Cebu City.

Senior Insp. Elisandro Quijano, chief of the Cebu City Police Office Homicide Section, said Craeg Ratcliff, 42, an Australian national who lived in Calatrava, Negros Occidental was tagged as the suspect in the killing of the man inside the burnt vehicle.

The victim was initially identified as Ratcliff’s friend Timothy Wilson, 60, a retired US Navy personnel. Wilson’s wife, Jocelyn, claimed that Wilson was the man found inside the burnt vehicle.

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/8...n-found-in-burning-car-in-busay#ixzz43JvvGi1D

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Cebu - The American citizen Timothy Wilson (60) who was burned on Thursday found in a car (see article 03.18.2016), is believed to have been killed out of jealousy. The head of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) murder investigation Senior Inspector Elisandro Quijano says the victim's wife, Jocelyn Wilson stated that it is the Australian who was last seen with her husband to concerns Craeg Keith Ratcliff (42) in Looc, Calatrava, Negros Occidental is at home. Quijano says, we do not know if Wilson was already dead before the Toyota RAV4 was lighted. According to Quijano even an autopsy, a DNA test and dental test is performed on the body of Wilson, made. The Australian has been seen before, as he shopped gasoline in a canister. Quijano says we have the City Investigation Branch (CIB), the Investigation Detective Management Branch and the Traffic and Police Regional Office-18 informed in Negros Occidental to arrest the suspects. In Cebu all entry and exit points of the province are controlled. Wilson says, my husband was very nice to Ratcliff and had borrowed this $ 500,000. The deputy chief of CCPO use Superintendent George Ylanan says we have already found the getaway car, a Toyota Innova which is registered in the name Maria Aiza Ratcliff, the wife of the suspects. Police have also found that belonged to the burnt-out Toyota RAV4 Ratcliff himself.According to the police, the vehicle was had no license plates, identified by the chassis number and engine number. EPD 03/20/2016 - 5:25

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not looking too good for the Australian. How long can a tall white long nose hide in a city of short brown locals? Me thinks not long.

8. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    If he could lay low for a month? Probably for a very long time. Let him get off the front page and for the police to stop actively looking for him, the guy would have to give himself away before anyone would notice anything strange about another "American" of the New Zealand/British variety. We all look alike to them. Dress like a tourist just off the plane and hang out around the mall.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DGTXPAT

DGTXPAT DI Junior Member

Trucker
    Ratings:
    +50 / 14
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I can only hope the guy was dead before the fire. Not a good way to go out if I had a choice that would fall toward the bottom of my list. Still very disheartening to hear that about anyone. Money can cause problems for sure and I have often wondered why Filipinos are far happier with so little than Americans with so much.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Partly because you have nothing to lose. Sue someone who has nothing and he will laugh at you, while he is at home because he won't even waste his time to show up. Surely the more you have the more uptight you are going to be. Things own you as much as you own them. I didn't want to play that game so I bought cheap vehicles and I gave the one I still had away when I had to go back to the US and even paid 500 php for limited power of attorney for the person I gave it to so they could legally transfer it to a new buyer. I really feel for people who make too a big an investment before they find out they can hack the Philippines or not, and then they try to sell their stuff at 90% of new price to start, eventually at fire sale prices as they get closer to departure date. Part of what made me wonder about the guy who wrapped his newish small car around a tree? Hard to not lose your a$$ on some things.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1