Dumaguete Info Search

Passports Americans may loose passport

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by alex, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    It is increasing currency controls and war on cash by governments world wide. Recently A bank in Switzerland became the first bank the first bank to charge customers with deposits Instead of paying interest as they have for many years. For instance you deposit $1,000 in a bank savings acct. The bank then charges you 1% to keep your money safe. At the end of one year you would then receive $999.
    France limits cash transactions to 1,000 euros, down from 3,000.

2. Cletus

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    HUH? What does that mean in plain english? Is it saying that any/all my creditors will be notified by the IRS that a person is subject to a lien thereby cutting my balls off and probably force closing a business if a person has have one? "Subject to a lien" is not the same as having a lien against a person, only the IRS says you are "subject" to one. OR is it saying, if IRS says you MIGHT owe them money they can go to your bank and tell them thereby cutting off any line of credit you might have.

This law would supposedly bring in an additional $400 mil over ten year period. That is $40 mil per year. According to CBS news, at current spending rates of $6.85 mil per minute, would run US government 5.84 minutes......hardly worth getting out of bed let alone imposing another layer of bureaucracy.

Government Spending Per Minute: $6.85 Million - CBS News

When I read these laws I have to ask myself what are they really trying to accomplish here? I doubt it is recovery of money but rather something more sinister....and the plot thickens. :blackalien:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Tax Lien
    (I have a tax lien on my credit report from the state of Indiana. I dispute the balance of that lien though and my CPA is dealing with it. I don't use credit and have no need for a loan so I give absolutely 0 sh*ts about it. The federal government doesn't care for my clearance because it is only around 2-3kUSD and I'm active on disputing the claim with the state.)

4. Cletus

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    OOOPs should have used the calculator. That should have been $990.

5. filmguy

filmguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 7
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I a not sure of the figure but its around 30 thousand ,if you make less than that you do not need to file a federal tax return but check on the exact figure if you are close to that and thinking about not filing