Dumaguete Info Search

Event Best Posts in Thread: And yet another... Brown Out...

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Premature, it was a request by the city council for it to be postponed. I think it will be approved. If a church can get one cancelled for a mass gathering I would think the city council would be able to convince them to cancel as well. I also think with the big wig politicians, given the loss of face with recent events, will be strongly pressuring for this request to be honored to prevent any further spread of the virus. The last thing they want to do is to go back to ECQ in Negros due to their own family's screw up. That's just speculation though.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And now it is official. The brown out is cancelled. I just read it on NORECO's FB page, due to the Dumaguete City Council and Mayor requesting such. It will be rescheduled though, of course.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Be careful out there this Sunday, looks like things are getting iffy and they have yet to find all that 191 has come in contact with.... Home for me with battery fan and internet... Amping

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    upload_2020-10-19_17-30-6.png

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Wife and I always just go to the Family beach house and swim (dive) for the day. This sitting around waiting to be fed electricity like a subordinate, we gave up long ago.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm curious to see if they heed the call and cancel this thing. 3 days to make a decision. I say cancel the brownout or close all the resorts on Sunday, the PIATF has that power.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Unless you are Inglesia Ni Cristo. They successfully had one delayed...to put on a mass gathering. :rolleyes:

Edit: the brown out was just cancelled to prevent the spread of the virus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 333
    Can anybody suggest a good place to go on Sunday to wait this out.
    We were quite lucky a couple of power cuts back we tried to get to Twin lakes but our niece was with us and deemed too young to get in, later we found out there had been covid positive people there so everybody else who had been that day was track traced.
    Exactly how they do that is a bit of a mystery to me as the sign in books at most of the places we go are just an unintelligible mess with things like Bacong or Sibulan as the address and are the phone numbers correct ? :stirring:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good for the economy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1