Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard Annual Report in

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by horizon155, Aug 9, 2016.

1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I don’t quite understand: it takes at least 3 months to get the I-Card during which you must not travel (assume, out of country). But if you must travel, you must get waiver which I assume will take more time and more money. If there is a family emergency in your home country, you will be delayed no matter what if no I- Card is printed yet, even if you have applied and paid. That is part of what you deal with having a 13a visa. Now, if you are Balikbayan-privileged, no need for an I-card, exit clearance or anything like that. Just leave immediately after paying all taxes at the airport. Come back and renew anytime. The same “should” hold true with SRRV, I believe it does, since you become a permanent resident and are not subject to Alien regulations. I know darn well that, currently being on Balikbayan, wife will eventually get a courtesy ex-Filipino SRRV and sponsor me for my SRRV as spouse & we will be all set. No more hassle. These exit clearance and I-card regulations just seem a bit too ominous for something as simple as living and traveling as a Retiree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk