Dumaguete Info Search

Another expat caught with bullet at Dgte airport

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Anonymous, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Lots and lots of loud drunk pricks in Dumaguete. Don't underestimate them. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    The most logical way to profit has not been mentioned. The staff at the main entrance could use the XRay machine at the door as a 'preliminary screening device' for would be travelers who want to be sure they have not 'forgotten' any contraband in their bags or had anything placed in their luggage. This 'advance screening' would be available to the general public for 50 pesos a bag. Be sure no one has tampered with your luggage before entering the airport.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    But it's the Philippines so I suggest advance screening prior to advance screening then on to another advance screening then a final advance screening prior to the crook at the x-ray machine (cost,, one apple and a chocolate bar!)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :hmmm:
    So just where did that bullet come from I hear you say as it goes through the Final Screening :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Again.... it's the Philippines so that would mean (bullet via immaculate conception) fine of just 20 hail Mary's only!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    It may be better to wrap your suitcase some kind of tape?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
  8. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Guess it's a case of keep your toes, never let your baggage out of your sight and howl like #*+k the moment you see *%^t go down.

Reminds me an encounter I had in the Casamanche at the border when some daft feck of an official wanted to 'appropriate' a couple of items I had in my rucksack. The first item was a bottle of gin, the second was for my personal protection (you try walking about in the bush without said item, particularly in Africa in the 1990s)

Official (French heavy deep African accent): I take this. This not allowed in Guinnea Bissau.

C: ok, what do I tell Tony Blair when I see him?

Official: Tony Blair?

C: oui, le Prime Minister. He asked me to deliver this bottle as a present to your President.

Official (suddenly looking worried): you come to Guinea Bissau to deliver a present to the President?

(Bearing in mind this was a jungle border, not exactly manned and visa on arrival in the next collection of hovels)

C: oui Monseur, ces un presente pour la Presidente. (Adopts British military accent). Mr Blair will be most upset to learn his present has been confiscated. Do I need to inform him of your name?

Official: welcome to Guinea Bissau sir, can I get you a bush taxi?

I kid you not. The point being hold your nerve. Keep your wits about you, demand to see your embassy, a lawyer and if the chips are really down keep your 'front' at all times. Any lag lag Bala scammers are living on their nerves. Chances are they will buckle the further up the food chain you go.

Btw it is not recommended to claim a personal relationship with the President of the Phils or any other country. Dumaguete is not the bush.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+

I wonder if this is why I have noticed from time to time, some suitcases seem to be covered in what looks like many layers of see-through "Saran Wrap"?

I've also seen a one-piece, stretchable fabric cover that covers the body of the suitcase (I'm assuming the suitcase zippers are underneath the fabric cover when the owner puts this thing on his suitcase).

nwlivewire

10. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The reason that a lot of cases are wrapped in cling film, is to stop pilfering by airport staff and baggage handlers. If you have a case with a plastic zip, it is very easy to open and close these in seconds, with no sign that they have been interfered with.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2