Dumaguete Info Search

Another Foreigner Death

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by PatO, Jan 8, 2015.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    While having a coffee at Sans Rival - mall today, Tim came by and told me Norm passed away. I did not know Norm, Tim said he was an African American here and a good guy. May he rest in peace.

• Like Like x 3
  2. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Was he the largish fellow with eye glasses?

rip

3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I knew a black fellow named "Norman" who lived in Valencia across from the park. He had a birthday party there over a year ago. He was older than he looked. He was a very nice guy. I am not sure he is the same guy but that fellow was a real gentleman. He occasionally stopped in a McDonalds in the morning. My condolences to the family to whichever person that past away.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    If he was the largish Coloured Gentleman that sat out side Sans Rival most days, he was indeed a Gentleman, I had spoke to this man on several occasions and he had time for everyone that came into contact with him he certainly seemed to have a following there. As with you Pat, I never actually knew the man but will join you in condolences. @PatO Just as a side, Do you have any More News on this, is it the gentleman we all seem to be referring to? If not then it is still a shame to have lost another Ex-pat

5. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    DSCN1864.JPG [​IMG] Norman is the one on the left.. I know Norman a long time as you see on the foto date. Nice guy and still not so old. Did not see him and his lovely wife ( next to him) for awhile but heard he was suffering from prostate cancer. May he rest in peace.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Thank You mokum, Not the Guy I thought but Certainly had seen him about Quite Frequently.
    Life is just not fair at Times.
    Always seems the good guys are taken First.

Many Condolences to the family, Hopefully you can pass the Comments to his Wife if and when you see her.

Always though what a Bill Cosby lookalike he was

JP

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't think I knew the guy but condolences to his family. Best wishes to his family.

8. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Not the chap i thought it was either,,

condolences also to his family

9. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Cebu - The Irish citizen Hugo Gerald Galagher (44), was found yesterday at 14:00 clock dead in his room at the Crown Regency Hotel & Tower on Osmeña Boulevard. Galagher derived from Egroement, Ireland, had checked on 20 December 2014 in the hotel.Police found no signs of a violent crime, an autopsy is now to determine the cause of death.EPD 01/12/2015 - 4:10

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    May he rest in peace