Dumaguete Info Search

Another forum is currently unavailable

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Brian, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They get banned because of trolling or different opinions? I'm not sure here and my guess new owner have a different point of view, maybe he or she even is a liberal, lol

2. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    how about, for instance, a troll who creastes a website based on derogaotory lies about numerous forum members, and causes irreparable damage to reputations of good people. shuld he be allowed back in?

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Honestly, I didn't know about that, many idiots on the internet, hope people have common sense and can see through what is happening. I try the same in Thailand, meet an idiot after he talks bull sh*t about me on a homepage, I don't reply and as always with that kind of people, they reveal themselves and all can see how big idiots they are

• Like Like x 1
  4. cccmmm

cccmmm DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    I thought the owner is known (and is publicly available), at least I thought so... but maybe some people did not get the memo. I do not want to publish names (as it should have come through the owners "memo"), but his profile is monsoon or now is member#1... so with this information, you should be able to get in touch with him. The facebook pages are still under the old owner (living in Cambodia), so not much use to go through there..

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That forum is up and running. Has been all along. He has just blocked all the trouble makers so when they try to reach the site it looks like it is down.

Nah, just kidding. Its down.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. notfred

notfred DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 4
    there is absolutely no reason to post this kind of conjecture. the site is undergoing updates and that's that. the owner's profile certainly is not "monsoon" and he is not part of the staff. just because someone posts crap on a website doesn't mean it's true. the site also does not have any more problems with trolls or attacks than any other forum. just like this Dumaguete forum...LINC is made up of people living in, visiting or having family or friends from the Philippines.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. notfred

notfred DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 4
    in defense of the new owner and administration at LINC, the decision was made to start semi-fresh by allowing anyone to participate and then sort things out for themselves as they see fit. this did not have any harmful effect on the forum whatsoever and in actuality there was very very few annoyances by past trolls.

many software updates were made over the past few months which required a similar shut downs just like this one happening now.

i am also not any sort of spokesman for LINC and am just a long time member and supporter. everything i'm posting here was basic information that anyone could have read in the many threads posted on LINC since january.

8. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    well, it had the effedct of running me off for one, but maybe that was not harmful!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No forum or server update takes nearly a week to complete. Updates tend to be on the scale of minutes to hours, not days to weeks. Changing the theme/layout of the forum could take awhile...but typically these changes would be made to a private theme behind the scenes while keeping the old theme/layout up and running, then once completed you make the new theme public and default. Even a complete restructuring/archiving of the sub-forums or forum software change could be done in minutes/hours if properly thought out.

It is really bad practice to have your forum down for such a length of time and this will be avoided by owners/admins whenever possible. Seems there is a bit more to it than just "updates"...but that's just speculation on my part.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    There was a similar case with a different forum I visited in the past. Several months down. When it was finally going live again, most forum users did not returned at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1