Dumaguete Info Search

Another Malaysia Plane Down

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Rye83, Jul 18, 2014.

1. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Read this then , I was not going to put it on this thread , until I read your post , because I get too hacked off thinking about it , pay particular attention to the last paragraph , and the let me know if the word "irony" comes to mind ..... link below

Ukrainian girl criticised for claiming to wear mascara looted from MH17 site

2. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    It's a shame we cannot apply a 'thumbs down' sign to post, but this would have been a prime candidate...
    Oh, and BTW: looting is without an 'h'....

• Like Like x 1
  3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I really think it unlikely that that the Ukrainian government shot down the plane, they were in contact with the plane before it was shot down to the extent of changing it's planned altitude besides, what would be their motivation? I have not heard that the rebels have large aircraft and the plane was going the wrong direction if it were a rebel or Russian plane coming to attack.

Now, for someone to claim that they don't know about the accuracy of the news reports after posting alot of Pravda from the internet but as far as I know none of that crap was ever prefaced with " I'm not sure", I think the reports just does not fit with your agenda so the reports automatically become suspect.

Pravda for those who don't know means truth, not just any truth, but the higher truth, that is true no matter if the facts say it is false. It's the party line, it must be true.

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What is it he said that wasn't true? Are you guys upset because Russia has taken a side? (The hypocrisy of this so called "spreading democracy" hit a bit too close to home? What Russia is doing in the Ukraine is the same that the West has been doing in the Middle East for the past 5 decades...and we have shot down our share of civilian air crafts as well.) Because a plane was shot down? Or because of some looting?

5. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Irony, is not what I see here, more like an attempt to make opinion for the purpose to support their side of the story, if that is their sole "proof" of looting at the crash site, then this would be ridiculous to say the least...

6. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Below is the last paragraph on the link I posted

"Earlier this week, rebel commander Igor Strelkov allegedly issued an order that all valuables looted from the MH17 wreckage be handed into the Donetsk People’s Republic to finance the self-proclaimed nation’s ‘defence fund.”

Would you not find it ironic that the innocent victims , even after death , then get to help with the purchase of the next missile.

You have missed far too much of the news if you think that is their sole proof of the looting , but better now to just wait and see what transpires in regards to this.

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It would be ironic if they actually had to purchase any of their weapons. I highly suspect that the rocket in question got "lost" from a Russian warehouse. All the surviving personal property on that plane likely couldn't purchase one of those missiles on the black market.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    But you can, at the Bottom Left, of the message frame, is a star, that is the Reputation icon. It gives an Agree or Disagree option.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Sorry matey a thumbs down, on this one.

As an Addition to that, If you don't want, to give a bad Rep to the Poster just a Thumbs down, do as I have, on the title Strip

JP

10. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    "allegedly"

allegedly - definition of allegedly by The Free Dictionary

I am going along with your suggestion and wait and see...