Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Any change at BI

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by danbandanna, Jul 3, 2020.

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Going to accept the late charge not to wait in some line for hour or two at BI, does anyone know if things have settled down and one can go at 8am and not wait too long ?

2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,740 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Assuming they're still operating pretty much the same way as last month, then
    a. Better be there before 7 to get a number below 30 (max clients per day for extensions)
    b. Bring coffee
    c. They'll start getting through the line by 8 a.m., but they're pretty fast now, so even if you have a high number the wait should be less than an hour after 8 a.m.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My time is worth much more than the late fee and there is absolutely no way I'm sitting in a tiny cramped hallway with a bunch of people during a pandemic. I'll hold off or pay someone to do it for me. Might stop in that office at the end of the hallway and have them sort it out for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Arrived there yesterday at about 7:15 am and was #20...there were maybe three or four numbers left at 8 am...the funny part is when I went there at 1 pm to fetch my passport there was someone there before me and it looked like they were letting them apply for an extension...hmmmm

5. mwechjr

mwechjr DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 2
    Went there on Thursday and the line was absurdly long. They said to come back Friday at 3AM. Hmmmmm.
    So, I went down the hall to the other office, paid service fee of P1000 and they processed my extension within minutes. Not sure why everyone was crowding the BI office when they could just go down the hall and get processed. Anyway, went back the next day (Friday) to pick up my passport and the whole place looked like a ghost town.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,740 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    As far as exceptions are concerned, I was told by a BI officer that if you plan to travel out of the Philippines and already have a ticket that you can show, then you get preferential treatment. So that may be what was witnessed.

7. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    now the door on the street is locked until 7am, so have to wait around until opened, then you write your name down, and thats your number, yes it is not as busy as the june rush, but dont use that as a guide as per showing up at 8 and expecting a number, also for the june rush the two ladies were processing and accepting so it was reasonably fast, now its back to one accepting and one processing, so its back to the slow mo.

i passed the 6 month threshold as of yesterday, so she charged me 3240 for my next 2 months as opposed to the norm 1840, anyone can explain whats the difference, does this make me more filipino having stayed here now for 6 months on the trot (its the longest have ever been here in the one hit), driving me bonkers, was usually a 6 week turn around thrice a year, so the place never drained me but now.........dont know how the lifers here do it

• Like Like x 1
  8. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    The office at the end of the hall told me that they do not do visa extensions, even though they offer other visa services. The office that does the visa extension is halfway down the hall on the left side at the stairwell. JRC Visa Consultancy, Main Office is in Cebu, number is 0915-264-1169, Dumaguete number is 0955-321-1387. Visa extension is p1000, Exit Visa is p4000.
    I went there on 6/29, paid them 1000p, she got the extension for me the next day, 6/30, the last grace day, and saved me the 2000p late fees that would have been due this month. If I had waited another month, which I would have, it would have been another 500p penalty. For me that would be 5 months unless I waited longer. BI told me that you cannot catch up your visa at the airport when leaving if you are more than 6 months late.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  9. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Maybe but then again the agents notified him to pickup his passport next Friday...

10. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

hey, was there friday at 9 a m and told they were out of numbers. about ten people still waiting for service. one of them told me to come back around 7 a m for number. i think things have slowed down rather quickly in july. also visited the office two doors towards the street same side as BI. that office will do visa extensions for 1000 pesos plus costs. they will also do immigration clearance for 4000 flat fee and said it takes about a week to get the paperwork back. have heard only good things about this office so its probably a good option.

• Informative Informative x 1