Dumaguete Info Search

Any Dive Buddies ???

Discussion in 'Diving and Marine Life' started by 415gem, Mar 14, 2008.

1. DAGNY

DAGNY DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jellyfish, lets dive !

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Sure Dagny, but wait some days till after the final of the World Football Games.
    You still do remember my nationality or is your memory gone after the last deeper dive (like my pressure gauge did) :smile:
    Text me buddy.... from Thuesday onwards I hope to be normal again.
    If they become World Champion I fear to have for long a too high percentage of o blood poisoning stuff in my body.
    But I'm sure you still wanna dive with me :D

3. dustylane53

dustylane53 DI Member

Retired Boilermaker
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I msy not be up to your standards. I only have 7 dives. However, I am interested in the kind of diving you talk about. I'm needing underwater time to get more familiar with my equipment and continue my learning. Maybe you, or someone you know would be willing to give a guy a hand. Thanks, Gary

4. dustylane53

dustylane53 DI Member

Retired Boilermaker
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Interested in a dive buddy willing to help me learn more. Only had 7 dives so far, the last about 6 months ago. Of course, I could go to the resorts anytime, but hatte the idea of paying someone to act like a friend. More interestted in just getting to gether with someone anyday to hae a little fun and learn to use all this new equipment I bought.

5. mwakio1

mwakio1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Dustylane53,
    I am willing to dive and there are some nice easy places around Dauin to get more familiar with your gear. There are also an increasing amount of people diving that I could introduce you too in the area. I am off island right now but will be back around Jan 10th. I don't actually look at this forum so much anymore so it might be a good idea to send me an email (sweet.Scott@gmail.com).

6. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Pura Vida resort has many divers and good info for diving south of dauin a few km enjoy

7. Dairymoor

Dairymoor DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi,
    I am also looking to do shore dives along the Dauin coast. I have visited before and done maybe 80+dives in Dauin. Email reply if you still want to explore. dairymoor@gmail.com. I plan to visit in feb '12 for one month, with my filipina, own gear and maybe rent old 4x4 for tank collections and driving to different beach access. I like macro/critter/muck/photo dives.
    Regards, Andy.

ps I'm looking for self-catering accommodation in Dauin, can you help?

8. dustylane53

dustylane53 DI Member

Retired Boilermaker
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Diviong Problems

Yes, I would still like to find a dive buddy near Dgte. Unfortunately I have a few problems right now. We recently bought land in Valencia and I am currently financially embarrassed. Also, I have only 7 dives in my log book and it's been over a year since my last dive. I fear you wouldn't want to waste your time with such a novice as myself. Also, I'm not even sure if my equipment is any good. It's never been tested. Maybe later on we could get together if you're willing to help a beginner.

Gary

9. Kibuu

Kibuu DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

after i´ve been last year 6 month in the philippines, did a lot of dives and back to Germany i did my Assistent Instructor and Divemaster exam.

Now i am back to the philippines and try to find a job in a diveshop but nobody needs me.

I want to dive but i dont want to spend always big money for the dive shops and the guides for "normal tourist diving" As a divepro i can do my dives "alone", only a buddy, weights and tank needed.

It must be possible, to do some dives, without a diveshop. Even Apo Island is possibille, just rent a banka at malatapay.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Frank

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    no need to be a dive-pro for that, each OW diver is qualified to do that...

however, I am happy to go diving with anyone, once in a while ..