Dumaguete Info Search

Any Expat Aviators?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by NYC, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is a flight school at the airport that might be able to guide you in the right direction. It's called Royhle, Korean "owned" school. If you contact them ask for "Essan" and tell him Dustin recommended them. :wink:

http://www.royhleflight.com

2. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Their burritos gave me the runs last time I was there-and that's the last time I was there

3. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    I met a couple dudes from New Guinea who were at new McDo after partying all night a few months ago that were taking flight lessons at Dgte airport while aiming for commercial pilots license later on. They said Bryan's son had just passed his solo.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Never had a normal sh*t in the Philippines myself.....has never stopped me from coming back though. :wink:

Didn't know he had a son here. :o o: (If we are talking about Finish Line Bryan.)

5. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    You might contact Omni Aviation at Clark Freeport. Below is their link to submit an inquiry. They are also on FaceBook.

OMNI Pilot Training School - OMNI Airline Training Academy

I exchanged some email with them a few years ago. I recall they sent me a pilot's license conversion flowchart. I'll see if I can find it.......

6. Frodo

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    I found the email exchange I had with Omni Aviation back in 2013. Here is a screen shot along with the attachments they sent me. I do not know if the flowchart is still accurate. Assuming Omni Aviation still performs license conversions, I imagine the rates may have gone up in the past 3 years.

image.jpeg
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png

7. Frodo

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    If you need an FAA medical exam you can contact the Metropolitan Doctors Medical Clinic on Boracay Island (see the attached screen shot).

The owner of the clinic is Dr. Maria Christina Teotico. They call her Doc Girlie. I'm sure she can give a Class 3 medical exam. She may even be authorized for Class 2 & Class 1. Make sure you ask to speak/correspond with Doc Girlie directly because the people in her clinic likely won't know what you are talking about. I attached a screen shot that I just took of the FAA's web site listing her as a current medical examiners.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. contrail

contrail DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    Stop by Finishline for a chat,

Bryan

9. OP
    OP
    NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thanks for the info. I will do that.

10. OP
    OP
    NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thank you for this. The FAA is considering doing away with Third Class Medical certificates and only requiring an AME visit for pilots who fly for hire. I don't have details, but I think after one visit to an FAA AME, a private pilot can just "self-certify" by complying with the rules...like glider pilots do now.