Dumaguete Info Search

Any experienced dog trainer's out there?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by expatron, Sep 16, 2012.

1. OP
    OP
    expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Since I'm on the poison subject. I don't know if the Vet was correct, someone threw poison, she got into something from my construction project at the time or if it was something else, but she recovered fine.

I did learn a hard lesson. One of my construction guys left a bucket of water full of cement after cleaning tools. To make a long story short, that dog died a miserable death shortly after drinking.
    Ron

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Ron, that is a sad story, regardless how he died. I actually owe you an apology as I was just kidding about feeding my dog good steak (can't afford that solution) but poisoning a dog is no joking matter. As I was walking my dog this am and watching him to his snoopin and poopin off the side of the road, I realized how easy it would be for some ahole to throw some poison out and dogs go for it.
    When I lived in Hong Kong, the main jogging trail was shared by runners, walkers, and dog walkers. The 3 years I was there dogs were getting poisoned by some lunatic. Still, too many stray dogs in the country.

3. OP
    OP
    expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Thanks Pat, no apology necessary. You are correct many stray's are commonly poisoned, therefor care must be taken while walking your dog.

I will order the dog train/shock collar next week. What I like about it, there is a noise function and a vibrate function in addition to the shock option. I saw the dog whisperer use one without shocking a large dog using only the vibrate mode and it sure worked.

Tpm

4. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Something like this might let a dog bark but not chew?

[​IMG]

5. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    What good is having a big dog if you're going to have him muzzled all night? :confused:
    That's like keeping your pistol loaded with blanks.

6. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I take it you haven't been in a Filipino courtroom..

Foreigner vs Filipino

7. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I'd rather be judged my 12 then carried by 6.

8. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    yep been their and done that:D

9. OP
    OP
    expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Something going on, yesterday I found a dead rat outside my gate and this morning a dead chicken.

10. regus78

regus78 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello to every one. I'm new here.
    Hope to get help.
    Dose anyone know good servis of dog's hotel or dog's nan helper in Dumaguete?
    We have two germ shepards, 6 month. Need to look after them when we are out. About 2 weeks period.