Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Any idea about the NEW PHILIPPINES IMMIGRATION LAW!?

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by vonmark, Jun 3, 2022.

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Went to BI today for PP, turns out that the first 2 month extension is indeed 5960 but the next two months is much cheaper which makes sense that they get their money on short stays and level out on longer stays. She said that it has always been this way and could be as it only happens once every time I leave the country ...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The additional expenses is for the icard ($50/P2k). It happens after the first two months and every year after. (The card is only valid for 1 year.)

3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No I asked her about the ACR card and told her that mine was good until October...the expenses are for the first 2 months only,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just FYI, I believe that icard is supposed to expire when you leave the Philippines. Don't tell them that.

Attached are the fees (for countries that aren't restricted) for anyone that is curious.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. danbandanna

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Ah ok that would explain that even though she was not so forthcoming ... Thanks

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I just noticed there is a visa sticker fee of P100. I haven't gotten a sticker in over 5 years. While I appreciate my passport not being cluttered and filled up with a lot of extension stickers it is something we are being charged for. :meh:

7. OP
    OP
    vonmark

vonmark DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    update on the video about the immigration law

We went to BI today for my partner first extension.. there was no changes for the first 29 days its still 3,030.. I also asked they say for non visa foreigner still 36 month for the maximum stay.. 24 months for visa country.. Oh! by the way we went there early so we're the first client.. I had the form ready before going there so it took us more or less just 5 minutes.. then we're asked to come back tomorrow for the passport... :smile:

oh! bout the sticker best to asked them next time you are charged and still no sticker :smile: