Dumaguete Info Search

Any musician out there

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by kinhason, Oct 29, 2011.

1. kinhason

kinhason DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We now have a trumpet/clarinet, conga, acoustic guitar, electric bass, and a keyboard player who plays "Pink Floyd, we will be able to add a rhythm guitarist and flute when we are ready to jam at a commercial spot(Black Pearl on National HWY), Natasha Estates at Banilad, We are looking for drummer(traps) Sax, more brass, electric violin, piano, more percussion etc. We all have professional experience coming from Holland, France, USA, Philippines, international...leave your ego behind and have fun. We start with tune to jam like George Benson's "Breezin"...do pop, rock, latin, country rock( Brad Paisley, etc), Bossa Nova, Samba, Santana, Standards, Boleros, Chi-lites, Stevie Wonder, Folk, Van Morrison, Stones, Blues, Motown, jazz, Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass, Chicago, and whatever all of us fall into a groove...original stuff. All us need to be playing and looking for others out there in the Greater Dumaguete area. :cool::cool:

2. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Sounds like fun. I hope you can keep going and gain momentum. You play enough variety and popular tunes that you should keep most everyone entertained. I am an aspiring (novice) guitarist but my current day job and responsibilities keeps me away until I retire for real. I hope I can catch your act one day.

3. OP
    OP
    kinhason

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You sure that was Robert and not Jack Kennedy? Thanks.

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Its paraphrased but definately Robert, here is another:

“I believe that, as long as there is plenty, poverty is evil.”

5. OP
    OP
    kinhason

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sadly, we lost our wonderful friend and fine musician, Jellyfish, our trumpeter, John Kreemer Nov. 5th to a hit and run motorcyclist. He died at Silliman University Hospital about 6 P.M. after battling for his life since being hit in the late morning. Nevertheless, John is inspirational enough to have us find the talent to have our jams here in Dumaguete area.

6. Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I'm more inspired to play now. Lets jam for John. I sure he is playing his trumpet right now at that great gig in the sky!

7. timetojamman

timetojamman DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm a lead and rhythm player, i posted and add to jam last year, no response, haven't played with a horn section. I'm more blues and rock based, but pretty diverse. would love to find bass and drummer just to jam, don't care to much about performing, just love the music. let me know if I might fit.

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
  9. timetojamman

timetojamman DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ahh Ok

I don't get on this site very much, guess I missed it, electric guitar guy, would love to jam with any level, just fun. it's good to jam, miss my strat.

10. OP
    OP
    kinhason

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Guys,
    Why don't you musicians drop by Tuesday evenings at Atong Kamalig on Hibberd one block North of Silliman Ave just west of Rizal Blvd .
    Pure Session Band lead by guitarist and Silliman music grad Philip welcome folks with talent to join and play on stage. I regularly play from 9pm to11pm Tuesdays. Decent offering of fresh fish etc at a reasonable prices at this large restaurant right by the waterfront. I play percussion. The band does Steely Dan, Dobbie Bros., Beatles, Bossa Novas, Rock & Roll, Ballads...three part male harmonies...can do Beach Boys and 70's music! Have fun check it out. Australian guitarist, Rodney Allen joins sometimes. President Noynoy Aquino's coz, Ted Aquino sings & plays too...he lived in the States for 30 plus years!