Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Any NEW Movies Seen lately OR Old Cool Movies

1. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    True. Also rather bothersome they didn't inform Maria Schneider the sex scenes would be real. Including the butter.....Some even claimed she was litterally raped by Brando. Surprising she kept silent and would not comment too much about it. But she was in psychiatric treatment and also had alcohol problems. No "me too" at the time. She passed away in 2011.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. mangoman

mangoman DI Junior Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +125 / 4
    i agree there are some forms of societal humor my wife does not understand... especially if she is required to understand an idiom or pun (from another culture) used in telling a joke... but there are forms of humor that we both enjoy... one is "social transgression humor" commonly found in "Mr. Bean" comedy sketches... and "real life situational humor" found in hidden camera reality television shows like "Just for Laughs"... both of these types of humor are cross-cultural and get my wife and i rolling in laughter together.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm thinking Abbott and Costello would get plenty of laughs as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,483 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    For westerns my vote goes to "The Unforgiven" Clint's best portrayal of the real west (and that is saying a lot as he has done many awesome westerns .... "When you kill a man you take away all that he's got ... and all that he's ever gonna have" truer words ........

• Like Like x 2
  5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    When I read here in Dumaguete info, many times I get associated with the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest with Jack Nicholson, are all Americans like that? Asking for a friend :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  6. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,483 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If your taste runs to foreign films I would recommend "jean d florette" and the sequel "manon of the spring" directed by Claude Berri one of my favorites

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mangoman

mangoman DI Junior Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +125 / 4
    my favorite movie of all times is "12 angry men"... a 1950s masterpiece filmed in black & white starring henry fonda and ensemble of 11 other outstanding actors... when i watched this film for the first time it blew me away... the acting is superb... if you've never seen it... i highly recommend you take the time to view it... it will leave a lasting impression.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    I recently watched again all the Sharpe movies from the 90's. Swashbuckling stuff!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,636 / 2,899
    One of the great movies.

My favourite has to be 'The Third Man'.

• Like Like x 2