Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Any suggestions for good pizza in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Sep 10, 2018.

1. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I really like Breaktime in Sibulan. Meat lovers was P260 for my last one (thin crust) they don't deliver but its a very good place to have an ice cold beer or 2 while waiting

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I have been meaning to try that place but it always slips out of mind when thinking of pizza. Too bad they can't arrange a delivery system, if it is as good as you suggest.

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    They have lots of other good food and when I want delivery I send my son to get it for me. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have tried Shakey's (a JOKE to call that Pizza!) Greenwich (was like a wafer with flavoured oil brushed on with supposedly Ham and Pineapple, the entire Pizza was probably a 1/4" thick and the oil was running through my fingers!) as well as several smaller local versions around Zamboanguita and Dunaguete who's names do not come to mind. (Not very memorable at all)

I always like IF we are going out for Pizza with the Family to go to Pasta King as they have a good variety as well as other tasty dishes on offer. At least they have decent toppings on their Pizzas unlike the others!

For all other occasions, my wife uses my Stainless Fry pan, I roll out the dough thin base, she adds the topping and we eat Crusty base Pizza that even puts Pasta King to shame! I wish she had the confidence to open and run her own eatery, she would do well I reckon!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The meat lovers and pepperoni pizza is ok at bambulo also but will say i havnt tried many other places.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I am guilty of leaving a word out of the thread title. I am primarily interested in pizzas that get delivered :angelic:

Do Why Not and Pasta King deliver? If they do they do not advertise it well. I can't really see how a pizza delivery guy can make ends meat (see what I did there) in this country. Most of us don't want pizza delivered unless it's a low-cost delivery so there's not much money in the delivery.

7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Did a search in Google and found the following;

Reviewed 14 October 2016
    PK FOREVER
    Pasta King consistently delivers amazing food and great service. The pizza is the best in Dumaguete (I've tried them all) and the tomato based pasta sauce is perfect. They offer free delivery to anywhere in the city and they have a great selection of wine. ORDER THE TIRAMISU. this place if perfect for foreigners who need a taste of home during their travels, or locals who want to spice up their eating experience! The Filipino dishes are also tasty and come with unlimited rice. PK FOREVER!!!

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Is this place still open ?

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    As of December of 2017 they were still open. I don't know now. Try texting them and asking if they still make pizza. Voice was hit and miss in my experience due to a weak signal at their location but you could try that too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. davewe

davewe DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +59 / 7
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I'm a pizza nut and have yet to find an even moderately good pizza here. That said there are many styles of what people consider good pizza. As a former New Yorker, that's my primary notion of what constitutes good pizza. Absolutely nothing like that here. But there are several West Coast style wood fire pizzas that are passable: South Beach Grill is decent, and surprisingly so is Bambulo. None of the chain places are edible, though my wife likes Greenwich, so we go there occasionally. Of course none of this helps Dave, whose primary concerns are delivery and cost increases.

Personally I'd pay serious money if anyone could make a decent pizza. I might have to beg the wife to try :smile:

• Like Like x 2