Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Any suggestions for good pizza in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Sep 10, 2018.

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Be interested to know what you think of Nevas wood fired pizza. We have it delivered at least once a week and I like it. Imagine it would be below South Beach Grill quality but then they're dearer with more toppings I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Personally, I found New York pizza extremely overrated. It was good, but definitely not the be all end all of pizza. American styles of pizza are usually extremely heavy on the cheese, sauce, and many times, the grease. Not balanced at all with the flavors.

Italian Pizza Prosciutto Crudo (and the prosciutto being from the black pig) out of a brick oven...Oooooh, perfetto!
    italian.PNG
    But I know you just won't find even low grade prosciutto in the Philippines (or high grade in the US), so I make due with what is available.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kevlar

Kevlar DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    100%

There is this new place called "Esturya," it is on Hibbard Ave between Aldecoa and Tarbush. They have really good pizza. I love their Truffle pizza! to die for man. Thin crust wood stove oven. Definitely worth it!

I stand corrected. It is a brick oven they use for the pizzas. I saw this youtube video called Esturya and it features the restaurant. I am not at all related to the guy in the video nor do I have any claim to the restaurant itself. I just love pizza.

• Informative Informative x 4
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  4. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Tried it, liked it. Its close enough to where I live that I will be back. I would not travel from the other side of Dumaguete to try it BUT its great for Sibulan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Just tried the truffle pizza at Esturya - one of the most delicious things I have eaten in the Philippines (I haven't tried balut yet, though :smile: )

• Like Like x 1
  6. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    I have had the pizza at Grumpys on several occasions and in my humble opinion it is very very good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    We use Nevas in Valencia which is good but the last time we went for a take out we had to wait 1 hour, after 45min we asked why it was taking so long as there was only one other couple in the restaurant when we arrived, we were told there was a lot of home delivery orders to do before ours, maybe they should have told us when we ordered.
    We finally got the Pizza home and OH NO extra black olives which we were charged 15p for had not been added.
    We will not stop using Nevas as it was maybe just a bad day but lessons learned are ask how long and check toppings before leaving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    better pack you bags now then... prosperity has come to the whole island of negros.. wages and the cost of living have no where to go but up.. 5 years ago I paid a lead carpenter 250 per day.. now he is 750 per day.. property around me is selling for 3 times what I paid 7 years ago.. movin' on up...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    When we shop at Hypermart, we buy lots of Western food. What we pay for groceries is about the same as we pay in Raleigh USA where p350 or $7.00 is about 1/2 of a medium size pizza although Little Caesar’s had a special 2 for 1 on some days. I get your point; why not just stay in one’s home country if their is nobody advantage, and it be even cheap in some US locations such as Baton Rouge LA for example? Well, first you need to like the climate and culture. For costs, transportation here is a good deal and so is real estate which, although it is the same as in places like LA and MS in the rural areas, it is about 1/3 the cost of urban Raleigh. But the main reason I came here is because my wife’s family lives here and it turns out that I like it; other Americans I know with Filipino wives have visited here and would never come back in a million years, even if the costs actually were that low. If a foreigner here is on a fixed income, there still likely is a lot a “fat” to cut in the food budget when one buys mostly western foods. But I agree, the Phil economy is flying high right now, especially with the migration of Asian tourists and companies from China and I don’t see it changing soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

we are a big Neva's fan for pizza here in dumaguete city. actually so happy with it we have never tried any other place here for pizza. home deliver in about 45 min, always arrives hot. try beefy beef with extra cheese and olive oil (yes i am fat)

• Like Like x 1