Dumaguete Info Search

Anyone ever stay at Bethel, Palwa, or Check Inn ?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Turbota, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Looks like I am going to be staying in a Duma hotel for about a week before getting an apartment.

I have stayed at Nicanor before (pretty good room but no window) ... Just wondering about Bethel Guest House, Palwa Hotel or Check Inn.

The reviews on these hotels are all over the place, so I am asking any of you folks if you know anything about them.

Thanks,

2. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Just go to CnL Rooftop hotel (across from fire hall) and thank me later lol. 3 years old, spotless clean rooms, safe secure parking and a view to die for from the 7th floor outdoor covered restaurant. Bethel smells and is run like a hospital, the other 2 are acceptable but have the atmosphere of an ashtray. Try the CnL please, no disappointments there for the same price...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Well, I called just about all the hotels in Duma and all of them are fully booked after this Wed.

Seems like Silliman University is having a "Founders Day" event that will last thoughout the month ... bad luck for me !

The best I could do was book a room at Robinson's Mall "GO Hotel".

4. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    As mentioned above the C&L Bayview restaurant has a good view but you don't need to have a room there to visit the restaurant. A friend stayed there and the room was gaudy, faux fancy. The aircon condensate spilled directly to the balcony floor and evidently he wasn't getting the best rate on the room and he transferred to the other C&L hotel. I have stayed at the Palwa in the Matrimonial suite and it has a window. It was decent enough but I found that you had to regulate the hot water in the shower to low flow for the water heater to have time to heat the water but it certainly beat a cold shower. Cost at Palwa for a walk in was P1k a night. All rooms are equally fancy when my eyes are closed.

5. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I spent a week at Bethel Guest house years back and the room was spotless with a friendly staff. It's not for everyone, but was fine for me!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86

Love the smell of sewage that wafts throughout the front of the hotel...

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    Bethel is clean but it has Filipino size toilets and the water is sometimes slow.

8. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I was in Hotel Palwa at year 2008. It was good (clean room). But I heard that it got renovated some years later.