Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: ANYONE FOR PORK CHOPS

1. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Pork Chop stairs I'm talking about, these are a space saving unit and only take up half the room of a traditional stair, 12 treads of 12inch take up 12ft of space, with this type of stair 12 treads of 12inch take up only 6ft, when building my house it was always my view to have it small and easily managed and these stairs were an ideal solution for me and solved a big problem that I never did foresee, I did have the room for a standard stair but Never thought about an overhead steel beam I installed making it not possible, so these PC stairs are a great compromise, they do take a bit of getting used to for an adult??? but children take to them like a Duck to water odd but true. they also have an added advantage over a standard stair, something I did not realise at the time, if you have a cupboard under them it is better than one under a standard stair as you get more headroom, all things considered it was an ideal choice for my situation.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes John you are correct, but that would not suit the heading of the thread (Anyone for alternating tread stairs} that just ain't gonna work? many are done with the treads in the shape of Pork Chops especially in an open plan situation, when done this way they can be an enhancing feature in a house, also as you say they definitely need a handrail especially when you are descending them as they are quite steep, so I bought the rail in DGTE but could not find anyone there to supply me with the brackets to attach it to the wall, sometimes I can be really stupid expecting Hardware stores there to have everything that is required you would think I would know by now from experience that this ain't gonna happen? I had to order them on line but they arrived after I had left to go back to Scotland, however the positions to fit them are all marked on the wall, the rail is prepared with an oil finish ready for installation, so my two workers that I had to build the house will be installing that in the next few days, my only concern is will they fit it upside down?

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I'm here at this very moment I arrived last Sunday

• Like Like x 3