Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Apple Cider Viniger (with mother)

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by DaveD, Dec 2, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Glad you found some. I was at Robinson's Place Supermarket today and noticed they have recently gotten a bunch of Wescobee brand ACV with mother but it has added honey so no good for people watching sugar levels. There is also another Wescobee brand ACV with Manuka honey and mother for those interested.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    As if by accident spotted some in my local store last night too..with mother. I'm on Siquijor and will make a run to Dumaguete within the next few days so pm me if interested. I'll export it. No porterage fee or similar scam. :smile:

C

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Apple cider vinigar is a traditional folk remedy that has been around for many centuries. But is it beneficial for our health, asks Michael Mosley.

Cider vinegar is made by mixing chopped-up apples with water and sugar, then allowing the mixture to ferment, turning some of it into acetic acid.

Despite being acidic and definitely something of an acquired taste, in recent years cider vinegar has become incredibly popular. At least a part of that is because of claims that it can help with everything from obesity to split ends and arthritis.

But which, if any, of the many different health claims made on its behalf stand up to scientific scrutiny? For Trust Me, I'm A Doctor we teamed up with Dr James Brown from Aston University to find out. Are the health claims about apple cider vinegar true? - BBC News

• Informative Informative x 1