Dumaguete Info Search

Arcades in Dumaguete?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Square, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Square

Square DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm only at my first week in Dumaguete and I can say, The atmosphere here is laid back compared to my hometown of Cebu. We had Timezone in Cebu which had Tekken 6 and a few newer games.

Being the gamer and college student that I am, I was wondering if there were any arcades here that has Tekken 6, or maybe some other arcade games like drummania and the like? Ive seen WoF at Lee Plaza, And all they had was Tekken 5 and a few uninteresting games. I've also been to WoF in Robinsons, And all I can say is it really fails, there isnt even a single Tekken 5 machine.

Also, being fairly new, I dont know my way around yet, so I dont really know where to go to find places like these.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    :confused: Why Pay the Fare and accommodation costs just to flop about in Arcades here in our Lovely City, Sorry places fail you but please don't start and condemn Duma because we prefer to admire the sites and Culture, we play games at Home :rolleyes:

3. OP
    OP
    Square

Square DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't mean to condemn. All I wanted to say was I needed an arcade to spend time in, maybe one that had better games or so. It's kind of hard for me to cope with the sudden change in residence, from a bustling city, where everything is ever-changing to a more quieter place. Judging by your statement, I think you do not understand why I even asked this question in the first place. How much of a thrill it is to play against and pit skills against other people in an arcade. It IS a bit costly, but it is well worth the time and effort though :D

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    :Glad you understand my comment. It is because it is a slower pace here that we don't cater for the Arcade you require, We are not a Rich Community and so there is not the call for these games arcade, there are one or two about but you will have to search the City and maybe gain some Direction while you are doing it. I totally understand what you aim is, For me I am a retired British Air Force Flight Navigator so please accept that I know all about Skills and the need to Pit them at others. I wish you well on your search but please be careful of how you express yourself, you are now resident in the " City of The Gentle People" BUT we do bite sometimes. :smile:

5. OP
    OP
    Square

Square DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for understanding. I do hope someone knows of another arcade (If there is one other than the two WoF's over at Lee and Robinsons) and can inform me of the location :D

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    :confused: Try asking at Scoobys, The counter staff will or should know, Whether, they will tell of course is another story, There a few scoobys about in town, Real Street, By Chow King opposite Lee Plaza are just 2:wink:

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I actually see the need of those arcades with 35000 students, sadly Dumaguete is in that about 3 years behind and when the time comes Tekken 6 comes to Dumaguete a real City has already 7 or8

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    :wink: Then Maybe it is time I started to look into setting up an Arcade or 2 Perhaps My wife will get her wish for me to Settle at last, Research is needed but This is food for thought.:cool:

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    The problem is if you wanna set up that kind of stuff as an expat, you have quite some influential local businessmen against you which have the connection to make it almost impossible to run a business in their field successful.

10. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    7 universities - i can't think of a better location for some great arcades! I think the OP is onto something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.