Dumaguete Info Search

Arcades in Dumaguete?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Square, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Square

Square DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been to both scooby's, I live quite near to lee and my school. XD Never thought about asking though.

I think it would be profitable. You only need the space, qualified tech's and machines. The customers will do the rest.

I don't really see the problem here, They can't really make it impossible for someone to make and run a new business if they've never made an unreachable bar/standard, unless if they play dirty. It should be fairly easy since its a new arcade with new stuff vs old stuff kinda story.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    You know which country we are in, don't you ????

Ask foreigners here who tried something (more or less successful) from internet cafes to restaurants. Yes there are definitely the same rules, but for some (mainly foreigners) they apply for some (mainly locals) they don't. And for a 5 peso business it would be a very long and bumpy road.

Look at the new Food-street (Sta Catalina Street), all local run businesses have no probs to open and throe their wast (in bags) next to customer on the street, bo parking space and so on, while a foreign restaurant at the boulevard need 15! parking lots, does not get any permits to build a roof on the veranda and so on.

Of course it can't have anything to do that this place is surrounded by businesses of the old and the new mayor ...

3. OP
    OP
    Square

Square DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I think I get your point. Sheesh, unfair isnt it? :/

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    :smile: Well as I said Some research is needed but I take your point. I will come back to you after some initial fact Finding. It may be that if I fail it might wake a few people up to this idea in which case I will not have failed at all.
    I will not Hold my breath but Nothing Ventured Nothing gained. :wink:

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    :wink: Point taken Rhoody, But it would seem that this area is not as successful as it seems, If there is something missing then I feel a few enquires are in order. My wife's Family already have business here and I have put it to them, The Initial reaction was " CAN IT WORK? " I have explained all the comments and thoughts of DI and they have taken them on Board. As with most things, Here, it is who and NOT what you know, lets see what the Family can do.:cool:

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    :( Well Square, I have had some Food for thought, as they say " A feint heart never won a fair Lady " Lets see what we can do about getting you and your fellow Gamers what you want, Watch this Space as The world understands you are tomorrows Adults, The Politicians will also understand YOU are Maybe the Voters they need, get my Point?:rolleyes:

7. OP
    OP
    Square

Square DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha, Yeah I get it. Give us what we want, we vote for them. xD

Sure, I'll keep checking back and see if anything happens in this thread :D

It's great that you guys look at this the same way I do, how important games are for students, and most importantly, how profitable it would be to have an up to date arcade. Thanks! :D

8. dralionblade

dralionblade DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I know how you feel. If its an any consolation, many college students feel the same way too. Usually we just go our friend's house and play the Xbox or Wii.

I think the main reason why it never occurred to anyone as to why there is a lack of arcade games is because most of the college students here play PC games. Or more specifically, DOTA. Hence, the massive growth of internet cafes in this city. Maybe another reason why arcade games are not so popular is because they're just more expensive where you pay P5 per game and in an internet cafe you just pay P15 for an hour.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Great input DB, that backs up what many of us know about all those students here, they have limited incomes and spend accordingly. Just a word of caution JP, even if your family is running the business, once the establishment gets wind that you are the backer, codes and other regulations start to get enforced. Thats the nature of business in your new location and it will take generations to change that.

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    :smile: Point Taken Pedro, That's why my last and current venture is based in Cebu and just a branch here, More than one way of skinning a cat BUT I heed your Words with Great Interest! Here's hoping I can persuade the family to advance on this. Their business life has been around for 35 years and I feel they can come up with something if they are that interested. My last talk with Mama was that they are willing to look into it. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.