Dumaguete Info Search

Are we ready for our Demise??

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Jack Peterson, Jul 2, 2014.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    please cancel what I was going to post. Larry and Charlie are correct, although it doesn’t work for me.

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    To build on ozone’s points, the gay marriages will eventually add to the number of recipients.
    Does that affect any of you?

3. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Pat , I myself am ok in that respect , unless you have a nice pension I can marry into:D

4. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I am pretty sure Shadow is right. Bringing my wife to the U.S. is still in "process". Her interview @ U.S. Embassay is 7-11-14. My 82 yr old mother said "Tom, she just wants your S.S. when you die" Me to Mom "When I'm dead what do I care?"... LOL

5. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Pshht. Problems of the mortals. If I do somehow manage to be killed, first order of business is that all my money shall be taken out of the bank and thrown in the incinerator with me (you can keep the change....unless those incinerators are hot enough to melt that, which in that case I'm taking that with me too and no tip for you).

BTW: My bike will go with me. This will be how my viewing will be held. (and yeah, the bike goes in the incinerator as well) View attachment 10955

Attached Files:

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

8. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128

9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I was searching for info about why my friend's wife was able to collect his pension after he died and was also able to go to USA if she desired. I came across this web page that pretty much tells it like it was with Leon. Is the info correct? Perhaps Larry can clarify. I'll just link it here for anyone who wants to research it more:

I-360 Widow’s Visa to the USA for the Filipina Widow |

MY COMMENT: I don't think Leon's wife did that but I remember the option was offered to her.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Yes, we have processed several widow's visas. They have two years from the time of his death in which to file, there is no affidavit of support required.

The link has some bad info regarding SS though, US citizenship is not required, but having lived in the US 5 years or more at the time of his death is.

Larry