Dumaguete Info Search

Are you scared yet human?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, May 27, 2021.

1. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    If the government in Canada tried to use AI it would be pandemonium. It's been 5 years and they still don't have the civil servants payroll working reliably.
    In China they have some points system where "good citizen" get brownie points and bad people get demerits. Depending on a person's ranking they may be denied travel privileges or decent housing etc.
    If this type of system was implimented by the LTO. I'm guessing most of the population would get around on foot.
    Ai might become a problem in an organized country, not Canada and certainly not here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Atrocities by humans over the centuries cannot be denied and still continues, mans inhumanity to man is there to be seen every day.
    However the use of AI used in the wrong hands for the wrong reasons, could be the most destructive weaponry ever invented.
    One could argue that used for medical correction of trouble minds would be a good thing, imagine all the people living in harmony
    ( controlled by artificial intelligence) ..........well Science fiction is becoming a reality.

3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I was thinking more in terms of government - the chances of having a country with 100% civilised population is zero. I think AI will be able to make better judgements than humans and the 'delight' someone must feel from a posthumous pardon will no longer be required. In some countries they put a group of people (the jury), ignorant of the law, in front of a prosecution system which, although theoretically stating the defendant is innocent until proven guilty, is perfectly happy to manipulate that jury into finding the defendant guilty and extinguishing his/her life - and too often it is to improve their careers. I would much prefer to face an AI system than a group of people who read the media and form judgements from it. I add to that the use of AI for medical diagnosis - many GPs currently make the best 'guess'.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would rather face a jury if guilty. An AI if innocent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    IMO - It would depend who was programming the AI and what personal/institutional biases were implemented as the basis for the "intelligence"

• Like Like x 1