Dumaguete Info Search

Argentina?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Notmyrealname, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Brian_Goddard

Brian_Goddard DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 6
    I think you mean how we liberated the Falkland Islanders

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Yes - and it kept their navy in port thereafter. A great mistake not to have destroyed the entire Argentinian air force and navy at the very start, would have saved many lives.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    This 1982 war got a lot of coverage in the USA, I remember. News talking heads said that most of the islanders identified themselves as Brits. Such a long time ago. Wonder how mainland Argentian folks view westerners these days. I consider South America as a possible plan C if things get bad here in the future.

4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    do you speak spanish ?

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And yet, the Brits (and others) cried foul when the Russians took over part of Ukraine when they claimed the majority of the people in that region identified as Russian. At least the Russians weren't half a world away from those self-identifying Russians. :wink:

That probably depends on how much money you are going to contribute to their economy...and if you plan on keeping your mouth shut about local issues/politics. But joking aside, I believe that most of Argentina is primarily of European decent, they will probably be a lot more friendly/welcoming than other countries in the region and definitely less racist than Asians...at least until you open your mouth and spit out some sh*tty Spanish.

Si. I speako eh-Spanisho. Jajaja.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Yep, true. Also, I remember Obama making a big stink about this. I wondered why the big fuss? Wasn't a good portion of that land area already occupied by Russia by means of a long term lease? For access to and from - including the area for navy port?

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Because countries frown on using military force for land grabs. Unless they are the ones doing it...then their morals tend to conveniently shift and they make justifications for their sh*tty behavior. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy...not excusing the behavior. Obama was right to call out Russia for violating a NATO ally's territory.

9. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    You can do better than that. Cervesa, tequila, banos, quesadilla, senorita, deniro, el check'o.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I think the "if" is rapidly becoming a "when".

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2