Dumaguete Info Search

ARRGHH

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by danbandanna, May 12, 2020.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    “I thought I was free but they pulled me back into it”. Michael Corleone, ‘Godfather III.
    Pato, Louisiana Prison Chain Gang.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Social distancing is resistance to the communication of the disease between people. In this way social distancing is the resistance to the spread of the disease.
    The borders will not be reopened until the province sharing the border is also rid of the disease. In this way we will not be infected when the borders reopen.
    Yes. Have fun at home. As a high risk individual you have a right to have fun at home.

3. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I have a feeling you're not going to get a logical response, but I love to be pleasantly surprised. We're separated from Cebu by an expanse of water well beyond the definition of safe social distancing, so I can't see any reason to stay locked down this way within the Negros borders. I haven't seen anyone yet argue that free travel to this island should be allowed, at this time. You're also most likely right about the immunity. From what I've noted in my life, people don't generally develop an immunity to something they aren't exposed to.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    like it or not, it's official
    still.jpg

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I wish they'rd lift the alcohol ban, none left in my local sari sari store and won't get any till the ban is lifted.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    It is easily understood that it is less consequential to keep the 60-over on lock down than turning us loose. Still, we do have basic needs - doctor-pharmacy-dental-bank-essential needs shopping, beverage of choice, etc. So that needs to be taken into consideration, PLEASE.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Finally something proper to read. All that other drivel between those two was in my opinion a waste of space. NB. No abbreviation.

8. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Oops, there was a misunderstanding.

You can go do those things. (doctor-pharmacy-dental-bank) They do not check your pass or ask your age. Only the big stores check your pass and ask your age. (Mall, Hypermart, etc.)

For essential needs shopping, your asawa can do this or you can get a letter from your local barangay captain. There was a poster on here who got a letter from his barangay letting him out to do those things because he was single.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Even you not single you can get permission to join the doctor, dentist, etc., not easy send gf or wife to fix that kind of personal needs. I have no problem getting permission from Barangay captain to go, dentist, they are very understanding. I have not been stopped at the checkpoint yet, been in Dumaguete 2 times today

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    So that defeats the purpose of over 60 staying at home, I think we can be trusted to act responsibly while out without getting permission from the Barangay Captain ... which achieves what purpose ?? or am I missing something... or do they think that if they let us out we will mill about aimlessly like sheep :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1