Dumaguete Info Search

ARRGHH

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by danbandanna, May 12, 2020.

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes

I asked him if he needed anything, ... he said, "No, I really just wanted to walk around inside." [the mall]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Many absolutely would. Judging from pictures I saw from social media, I think that was very apparent right after they lifted the ECQ and it was assumed the alcohol ban was lifted. I good portion of the local and expat community here are incapable of taking any of this serious or acting responsibly which, just like last time they eased the quarantine rules, will screw the rest of us. You can't fix stupid and we are dead set on not allowing natural selection to do its thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. magdala adlaw

magdala adlaw DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 8
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I will take a long time to recover from the "shortage". With all stores sold out, Producers and distributors will have to set up shop once again to get into the business. First the bars and then the larger supermarkets in Manila will get supplied and it will be a long time before supplies come to Dumaguete. THey will ship to the closest high volume places first. It could be a month before anything is sold in this area except for any stock some 7/11's might have on hand.

Nothing will likely be produced or shipped until the alcohol ban is lifted in Manila which will also be the last to get rid of ECQ and their bans.

I think the prez here is against alcohol.

4. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    I always thought that wandering around aimlessly like sheep was a symptom of age related memory loss, so it's probably appropriate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    And an excellent example of social distancing by some of the locals in Valencia yesterday lol!

Attached Files:

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's possible but we also have to remember that there is a lot that was produced prior to the quarantine that is just sitting around. Tanduay is aged 5, 8, 10, 12 and 15 years (allegedly), there should be plenty of that available. Imported liquor is also likely just sitting around in storage.

Beer on the other hand...I don't know. I'm sure there are stockpiles sitting around the country but brewing processes for that are much shorter than that for liquor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. magdala adlaw

magdala adlaw DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 8
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I think I was going to say something about this but I forgot what I was going to say.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    all stores sold out is simply not true. liquor dept. at robinsons groceries is well stocked, same as couple smaller stores selling wine / liquor. theyre just not selling. Also its certainly not impossible to buy a bottle of wine even right now...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    San Miguel have a brewery in Cebu but they are on ECQ. Robinson's have stocks of alcohol so do the other main stores, but like everything else it will soon be
    Out of stock sir.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    I'm pretty sure San Miguel also has a brewery along the highway close to Bacolod. Things are going fairly well in Negros Occidental if I recall. Beer may be back in stock fairly soon after the GCQ end. Hopefully.

• Like Like x 3