Dumaguete Info Search

Arrogant |Disrespectful Children

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jack Peterson, May 20, 2015.

1. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You paid for it (I suppose), so you put a heavy duty lock on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    If your wife takes her side kick both of them out lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    A very sad situation. Change her room to bare necessities. Let her know that foul language is unacceptable. Have her write you an apology and explain why she said those words to you. She left home for a bit so make some new rules when she returns. Have them in writing. Stop any allowance for a certain period of time. Give her more responsibility to earn the allowance. No gifts for quite a long time. How would your wife had responded if your daughter said those words to her? Be strong and work as a team. Have a curfew. Good luck, parenting is the hardest job, you will get through this.

• Like Like x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Well seems at least I am getting answers that started this in the first place, my discipline. I have told them Both I am going Nowhere, here is where I am and staying, they both must now do what they feel like but both will get fed up, 1 (one) of taking and carrying food and Clothes and any little thing the 10 min journey, the other will likely Starve as she is now in a House that never has food.
    What we call in the West "Cutting their nose to spite their face" Up to them, I can't Undo Tuesday and can only live in Hope, lesson learned all round.
    OH! I know I can't expect perfection but meeting me 1/2 way is a big start.

JP:bag::sorry:

5. midway

midway DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    You need to get the wife on your side and show a united front when dealing with the child. If the child is a step child you will have an even larger hill to climb. I would explain to the wife she is my partner and we are in this together. She needs to be part of the solution or she needs to pack and take the kid with her. This may sound harsh, but the wife needs to understand that as the husband you will be there long after the daughter is grown and gone.

While I agree that physically disciplining a 16 yr old girl is not the way to handle the situation I have lived through the experience of raising a daughter. My wife and I worked together with the understanding that we would not be divided and conquered by our child.

In the event you would like to post a video send me her laptop and let me know if you want it to meet mr 10 gauge, mr 300wm or perhaps just the 44 mag. I have enough toys that we can make some impressive holes in just about anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Well Guys and Gals, I have read reread all the posts and have to say all very interesting to have so much insight, I guess I have enough now to be getting on with so Head down and sort things out the best way I can.
    Thank you all for the posts These things are never easy to talk about for many reasons, but as our grand Parents told us, sometimes " A problem Shared is a Problem Halved":thumbsup:

Maybe Dustin it is time to lock this one up and Hope no one else has to resurrect or Start a new one :locktopic: Life will go on.

JP :bag: :whistling:

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No need to destroy anything. That's for rich redneck IT techs to do. :D

List everything of hers for sale on the forum and send her the link to the thread(s) on FB. I might be interested in some of the electronics. :D

Maybe you should consider family counseling.
    Online Counselor Profile Florence Fernandez
    Marriage Counseling Philippines: Family Counseling PH Professional Counselors Services and Telephone on lifelinecounselingministry.org
    Our NGO's

You could probably check at your wife's church to see if you could talk to a priest about counseling. (If your wife is religious this would probably be the best, and cheapest, route to really put the pressure on her to get this thing resolved. I would imagine the priest has quite a bit of say in the community and would guilt trip her into going to counseling.)

8. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    M8 time to remember the golden rule.He who has the gold makes the rules. lets pray it does not come to this

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Do what she says! Ignore her completey for a few months

• Like Like x 2