Dumaguete Info Search

Atty. Abellon arrested

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by shadow, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't claim the Philippines as my country because they simply won't have me unless I marry one of them or give them a lot of cash, and even then I would have VERY limited rights. I'd join their military here before I married or invested any serious cash in the country. If that were a viable option I would seriously consider it.......for a path to citizenship that is, none of this resident visa crap.

2. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I salute this guy for what he has done but goodluck to him. I hope abellon wont hold grudges cause if he does, this guy will be in deep sh*t. It takes a good 10 years to be a lawyer not to mention all the cost, abellon if proven guilty will loose everything and will be disbarred. Imagine loosing everything that you worked hard all your life? It wont be that easy, i just hope his family wont come and get him.

3. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    He should have thought of that BEFORE breaking the law he spent 10 years and lots of money learning...

4. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Like everyone else that works in the governmen, they get shitty payments unless they get themselves involved in corruption then thats how they make money. Unless your a very good lawyer in philippines (have won many cases) no one cares nor want your service.

5. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A lame excuse for committing a serious crime against the FILIPINO PEOPLE. When im back at a computer, and can type properly again, ill give an explaination why its not the foreigners but the filipinos who are the victim of corruption even if they extort money from foreigners.

6. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Not true at all. Filipinos and foreigners alike all always looking for HONEST lawyers. However, being a lawyer in the Philippines is a license to steal, and nobody wants to deal with crooks! The very few HONEST lawyers in town are so busy you can't get in their door even if they have never tried a case.

Larry

7. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    He did not stay arrested for long he was in robersons today all smiles, if a expat did something like that they would still be sleeping on a bit of mat on a cell floor.
    cheers

8. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes thats what i meant. If your really a good lawyer people want your service all the time but how many are those that are really honest out there? Its not just philippines it could be in all different countries. What you forget to think about too is that they dont spent that much money for education just to end up working amd earning 25-30thousand pesos a month in a government office. I dpubt if he will really stay in jail, they always find a loophole, what are lawyers are for? Especially in philippines but what this guy has done, he should be shitting his pants right now because some filipinos holds bad grudges... Like what they always say, dont mess with the locals. Its an eye for an eye.

Abellon will now be very pissed especially that this guy ruined his reputation, dont you think his gonna come back and retaliate? Maybe not now while the issue is hot but once it cools down, i just hope he wont strike.

For abit of information, majority of the lawyers i have known there has people that does gun for hire. It doesnt take long for them to just say activate the commando.
    I just think he should run for the hills or start hiding.

9. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    This guy is in all sort of troubles. What he forget to think about is that its not only abellon that he pissed off, its everyone involved with the corruption and the way i see it, theres more to it than any of us knows. ALthough i believe that the foreigner did the right thing but this is philippines and its who you know here.

Why do you think he got out so quick? Dont you think those people he knew from high up didnt help him? Everyone in the immigration now is probably under investigation but i doubt if itll last long. Give it a couple months and it'll all die down but a guy like abellon, i doubt if he will ever forget.

But again, goodluck to him.

10. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How much was the Bail?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.