Dumaguete Info Search

Atty. Abellon arrested

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by shadow, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    You have got to be shitting me (us.) Actually, don't reply to this, it will make an interesting topic over a San Miguel next time I see you around. :wink:

2. JROK

JROK DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Normally I would be careful judging people from their comments on an open online forum. However, in this particular case, I think the sample is just too large to ignore.

The overwhelming number of posts displaying the lethal combination of ignorance coupled with out-of-place pride has led me to conclude that Sherwood is out of reach. Any educational comments, however pedagogic and well meant they may be, are likely wasted. Intelligence is probably not the core problem even if at times it appears so. Probably, it is simply a matter of an unfortunate mindset that you will never overcome.

Having said that, kudos to Shadow et. al. who have been / are trying on this and other threads.

3. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That must be one of the nicest way I have ever seen for telling someone: "You are a complete idiot". Can I hire you in the unlikely event I am looking for polite words to say my opinion...

BTW, if one read that lousy newspaper article, it is obvious that there is way more to the story. Why did the guy pay 10k already. Looks to me that he never extended his VISA before and tried to bribe his way out of a higher penalty.

If the whole story is not a complete make-up, the anonymous person better gets his feet on safer grounds. The attorney will remember that guys name and the already paid 10k are enough to solve that issue.

4. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    For a local you think that I am being ignorant and a complete idiot then that's okay but I want you to figure something out, how many witnesses in witness protection program in Philippines involving graft and corruption case that ended up dead and their families are being threatened? For a foreigner that lives 5-10 years in Philippines and think that you know it all, I don't think your even halfway there.

maybe there's a reason why locals chose to play deaf and mute around these corrupt officials in the fear of their safety for them and their family? Your talking about putting a guy who spent 10 years in his life studying law and making a living out of it. Do you honestly believe a guy like that will stay in jail for good? Regardless of what crimes their into? How many educated professionals do you know are serving for life sentence in Philippines? I don't think you can even name one.

and yes I am being a complete idiot because I feel sorry and I worry about this guy's safety and I doubt if wherever he goes he will be safe and his visa? Hope he gets that but his better off living now somewhere else far away from Philippines.

The locals are becoming immune to these sort of crimes because they know that if they do something about it there's no doubt somebody's gonna get hurt, just take those ex-corrupt presidents eg reap Estrada, he didn't stay long in jail and did even run again as a president. Laws in Philippines are lenient to educated and rich locals. You should really open your ears more and watch the local news more often. Philippines is not as democratic as they make it appear to be because people are scared if saying anything in fear that they will get killed.

so yes I am being a complete idiot, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.