Dumaguete Info Search

Australasian Age Pension

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Lorraine, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    As I said Charley I can only Quote the UK, In all the years, I have never had a zero Inflation amount. ( Usually around the 3 to 3.5%) Increase
    I have to Admit that we get the same payment ( basic amounts) out of the Country but it is the benefits like Top up we don't get
    but as the Thread is really about the Aus/NZ pension we could go round in Circles, Seems that they are harder hit than any of us with Regards as to where we can Spend the money we earned all our Lives. :sorry:

2. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I haven't heard of anyone getting around the residency requirements for Australia or NZ and I think I would recall if I did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    I know of two Aussies that are here on disability pensions. They don't have to make trips back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    d*mn straight mate! :wink:

I applied to Centrelink to "move abroad", met the criteria and gained approval, no need to move back and no need to make regular trips back, my Pension is paid directly into my Philippines nominated Bank Account, Centrelink pays for the transfer fee (before you needed to use a third party transfer company) and also pays at the current rate of the AUD at the time of deposit...

Maybe the OP is a Kiwi who moved to Australia, worked there for a time and is still linked to the NZ Social Security system? :o o:

• Informative Informative x 1