Dumaguete Info Search

auto air conditioner repairmen?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by joec, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I have an LG 2.5 Inverter split system downstairs, and 1 hp window type upstairs. The window type usually only needs the filters cleaning which I do myself 3 monthly.
    The split system I have serviced every 6 months. RTC strip down the indoor and outdoor units, clean all filters, check all connections and blow through the drainage system to clear any mould. The humidity here can cause the drainage system to get blocked by mould. The outdoor power unit is checked for leaks and particular attention is paid to cleaning the heat exchangers which can make the unit run too fast if dirty. The whole service takes about 90 minutes. RTC arrive at the appointed time, have all the right tools, and clean as they go, giving everything a final clean when they finish. I provide cold drinks for the two-man team. The whole service costs me 560 peso, with a BIR receipt issued. Considering the split unit cost 48,000p new, the 560p is money well spent.

2. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    To close my interjection into this thread Id like to say I took Broadsides recommendation and waited 5 days to get a appointment ..this morning. Dropped the car off at 8 am..picked it up at about 4 pm..I had a split hose they repaired. They replaced 2 parts off the compressor that got err..*compromised* the last time I had the aircon fixed. Lets just say it was *pinoyed* and while I go cool air it wasnt right and would not shut down properly if the freon leaked out ( which is what happened) But luckly I didnt loose the compressor. Cost me almost 3400p with 2200 being the cost of the freon. Well a little more with a nice tip thrown in..lol..Im happy

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I have also had probs with this company, the first time I called them to service an aircon all was well and was also serviced, the second time I called them to a second floor aircon I had a call from the office telling me it was far too dangerous to service the aircon. The third time I called them they had no tech guy and would phone me when they had. Never heard back from them.
    Also have used the for a couple of fridge parts and same story, ok sir we will phone you when parts are in and of course never heard back from them!
    You would think the owner being fairly high profile in the city owning bethel and cangs he would get some decent staff! Still waiting.

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Read Baltoed's entry again. He didn't have a problem with RTC. This was the first time he had used them. His problems were from when he had the aircon serviced and compromised previously - at a different place. RTC fixed his problem and, as he says, he's happy.

5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    To add to the HOME air-con discussion, system airflow was still weak even cleaning the filters. After a year, we got FREEZER TRIBE (recommended by Ding Santos, contractor) who sent three guys for both units and in a hour or two, it was a hurricane compared to pre-cleaning. It was only 750 pesos for EACH set of indoor and outdoor, and since our electric bill dropped 500 pesos in one month, i think we're ahead of the game.

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I take that was suspposed to be frozen tribe from valencia?
    We use them also if was,great bunch of guys with good service.

7. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Duh... yep Davy, FROZEN TRIBE...in Valencia, block or so off the square.

• Agree Agree x 1