Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Auto Electrician

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Nutz2U2, Jan 21, 2016.

1. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Had problems with my aircon everybody told me that I needed a new aircon P19,000. Had my friend Marcel who is an electrics wizard check it out. Magnetic clutch not engaging. Ran a direct feed from the battery and the clutch engaged.Checked voltage to compressor 13. 6, then checked the relay, which fell apart when we removed it. Put in a temp relay aircon working. Bought a new Denso relay from RTC P205.50, felt generous and gave them P206 and keep the change. All appears OK now, but asked RTC how much to take off the compressor and test it. They said it would be around P2800, which includes new Freon. If anyone wants my friend Marcels number please IM me. It seems to be the norm here that if there is a problem, don't try to solve it, but try to get around it with shortcuts. Then the next one comes along and does the same. In the end your wiring is a complete mess and will cost thousands to put right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    You do not have an air con problem, you have the "curse" of 10 different experts picking your pockets. As Robert stated you probably have a constant drain somewhere in the system to get around a problem made by someone a long time ago.
    THREE VERY IMPORTANT THINGS... If your alternator is fine (easy to check) then the regulator will make sure the battery does not get too many amps and blow up. If the regulator is giving the battery what it wants then all should be fine unless the battery is hooped and someone has installed a constant drain on your system to fix what they thought was the easy way to take your money...
    If you can establish the above are all working I suggest a "dead man" toggle switch between the battery negative and the ground. This will guarantee that every time you shut off the truck what you have in the battery will be there when you flick it back on and go to start the truck later. Although not the best solution it is going to work when all else fails...but remember the other 3 components must work and be checked in the order I described.. PM me if you want any help, I work for beer lol. Gerry

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Nutz2U2

Nutz2U2 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Hi Guys,

Yes it is the only weird thing on this car. Otherwise the car is a beauty.

But I now ensure aircon is turned off when I switch off the car. No more flat battery.

But not sure if I want to spend money now we are selling the car :nailbiting:. It just doesn't get used enough.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Nutz2U2

Nutz2U2 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Hi Gerry,

Is that the beer I buy of you first and then offer to you. Win Win :smile::smile:.

• Like Like x 1