Dumaguete Info Search

Auto Insurance...

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by OnMyWay, Nov 19, 2010.

1. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Anyone you would recommend for auto insurance - full coverage???

2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Auto Insurance

When I bought a pick-up earlier this year the Nissan dealer in CDO recommended a comprehensive insurance of Stronghold Ins. Co. Inc. They do have a branch in Dumaguete (situated in the lobby of OK Pensionne House). You can only say the insurance vehicle policy is a good one the moment when it comes to reimbursement in case of loss or damage.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well Said!

:eek: RR! you are so right, it is a world wide thing about insurance, quick to take the premium and Oh so slow to repay as little as possible, at this time we have an ongoing claim from 8 months ago. The car is still in the garage awaiting reapair, Fully Comp and they still argue.

@OMW. RR has it right, I think you will find they are all the same but his suggestion is one I would have given, try it. Shopping around may give you a headace or two though, They will all make a better offer with the same result at the end though.

Jack P.:smile:

4. Bigboy

Bigboy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FYI

Dont Get From Federal Pheonix..
    Processing Very SLOWWW...

And they are even blacklisted in some Shops Like FORD CEBU

A Very Bad Experience

5. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    you are all very correct...."good insurance" usually is referred by people who have had a claim, the insurance handled it properly and in a timely manner...

6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Would you mind telling which Insurance Company is involved?

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Hi RR! Sure No problem, It is Standard Insurance through a broker, I have now changed to AXA through Metro Bank, they have taken up the issue but I have been informed that the main Problem may be a communication problem with the broker, However, that is their problem, all I want is my wifes car Fixed so we can sell it. Not sure what AXA can acheive so I will not hold my breath.

Jack P.

8. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    I am in this situation very soon as I purchased a toyota fortuner last year with a full compo insurance which was about P26,000 not sure of the insurance company name, but P26,000 seems to be a bit exy??