Dumaguete Info Search

Bacolod Bacolod-Sipalay-Dumaguete, need suggestions for road trip

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Panserhansen, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Panserhansen

Panserhansen DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am considering taking this trip late April, discovering more of beautiful Negros. We're actually starting with ferry Toledo-San Carlos, then ride on our 125 cc's across the mountains to Bacolod where we will stay the night. I've had that route before and loved the scenery.

We would like to chill out in Sipalay on the west coast a day or two. Any suggestions for a resort? Fan and private shower/CR will do. Any "must do's" in Sipalay? Is there any nightlife at all, or completely quiet?

After Sipalay, we'll drive to Dumaguete. I've been here two times before. Probably a night here before we take the ferry over to Cebu Island again.

Are there any things on the way worth stopping for?
    Are the roads OK?
    Anything else we should consider? We're experienced drivers, been all over Cebu.
    Any suggestions for another route is also welcome :-)

2. Texsinbad

Texsinbad DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried to PM you, but couldn't. My fiancee and I have a couple of other posts looking for people interested in touring by bike to various places. We are interested in doing some of the same things you are.

My number is 09 297 265 364.

Dan

3. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    If you let me know when you are going i may tag along, i can meet you in Kabankalan as i live in Dumaguete. Road towards Sipalay from Kabankalan has probably a total of 10 kms of construction just out of town but after that its ok,, I usually stay in Artistic Divers in Sipalay, a bit out of the way 8kms +- out of town but clean and quiet, good beach, nice swimming pool etc.. Good food..Sipalay is a quiet place that rolls the sidewalks up after dark,, The only part of the road that is a bit rough is the gravel section from Hinobaan through the mountains,, gravel sections and rocky sections, nothing serious for a bike as long as you take it easy.. Probably around 20 kms total, then you get a real nice road to Basay ,, some twisty's and lots of hi speed curves. Road from Basay to Dumaguete is all good. Send me a PM if you looking for a ride partner.

4. Jopliniac

Jopliniac DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, if things here were answered directly could have been a great help for me (us) too, because later we will have to have a road trip going to Bacolod, etc.

Yeah, was researching actually (somehow) about what to do or places to stop during the road trip going to Bacolod.
    There are the Mabinay Caves ( the cave capital of the Philippines), i'm interested to that, but what other possible things are there?
    Well, i'll post something here if we will actually have some "places to stop by" during the road trip tomorrow (i mean later).

Yeah, wish us a safe trip.
    I hope roads there are fine! :|