Best Posts in Thread: Bad luck for people of Negros Oriental

1. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    For the 3rd time in a row Negros Oriental has been given GCQ in spite of the fact that we'd been having a clean record for several months already. Per our daily report, there had been ZERO new cases for the past months! We could not understand why they keep on extending GCQ when we should be moving forward to MGCQ. In the President's recent speech, he had announced the areas that would be downgraded to MGCQ and I swear, Negros Oriental was in the list. It is exasperating to see later on that some people up there have managed to change our classification for some reason.

Is it clinging to power and having control of people? Earlier before the president's announcement, like 3 or 4 days before, our local "leaders" have already preempted our quarantine form after May 31 saying that we would still be extending GCQ. This pronouncement however did not tally with the President's announcement later, that Negros Oriental will now be downgraded to MGCQ. How this decision changed is beyond everyone's understanding when the local govt. made a final announcement that we are still under GCQ, contrary to the President's announcement in his speech. What happened? Did someone from the local government make an appeal to national government that we should still remain under GCQ? It seems like it and it is not funny. It only reflects the kind of leaders we have in this province-----they are a bunch of weaklings who want to hold on to the power straw.

The people of Negros Oriental do not deserve this prolonged isolation. We'd been good, following protocols, etc. I just wish we'll have an election tomorrow so we can change these corrupt weaklings.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Thanks x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    PAL issued a new advisory 7pm last night now saying they ARE flying to Dumaguete Weds 3rd and Fri 5th :banghead:

Wait around a few hours and it could change again!

Passengers are I understand mostly LSI's fully documented with Travel Authority and approved by Dumaguete City and met by LGU officials and transported to 14 day quarantine either the City Gym (free) or LGU arranged Hotel (you pay)

WHO ARE LSIs?

Locally Stranded Individuals (students, tourists, workers) who have expressed their interest to return to their place of residence.

My partner and her 6yo son are in the LSI's arriving Weds 3rd after 10 weeks stranded in Marinduque. Hope it happens:finger:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think the reasoning is quite simple: we are in the same region as Cebu. Had the Negros Region been established years ago when it was approved by the previous administration we would not have been lumped under the same rules as the next island over. IMO it has nothing to do with power, it is laziness and an inability/unwillingness to have a more nuanced plan of action for individual provinces and/or for the local "leadership" to contest Malacanang's advice.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you... it's been a long haul :jiggy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And I am sure everyone here hopes for this Happy Reunion of you and your loved ones.

Best wishes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes they have...it's June 8th now

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    I have been following numbers since March 1st...every day in the PH the numbers have risen not much.. but by 80-90- 100-200 new cases each day ..our lockdown here was a closed island which seemed to work wonders as stated above,,,however virus was ravaging other parts of the islands and Cebu right across from us ..I agree with how they have handled the situation...........this virus has no favorites it can rear its head anytime anywhere ....... 1 person with 10 friends can emit a total of 1 thousand contacts...and within 4 generations 10,000...on and on ...I took the wait and see approach by just watching sitting back and to see what happens after quarantine was relaxed and people start moving around well this happened when a week ago? 2 weeks? and what happened?? the new cases shot up 3 days ago to 500 and then 2 days ago 1000 and now again 500 a huge increase from normal not crazy huge but % % % wise... I rather now...still.. have some (not on every corner)... some type of policing and check points to see where this uptrend leads us under relaxed rules no harm in being smart..I would also like to see our island closed a little longer ...2 weeks I can handle still..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This, again, seems to go against this power hungry thing you mentioned in your original post. People who want to
    Different language, different region, he doesn't need to care as there is no political gain to be made in following suit. The political and economical ties than matter are on the next island over. There is absolutely no sense in any of us worrying about what Negros Occidental is doing, it will only lead to further frustration. Negros Occidental and Bacolod are completely irrelevant when it comes to this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I have no need to fly at present but have seen the multitude of notices and frequently-changing dates and can honestly say I am now more confused than I have even been in my life about anything!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The frequency of flights matter very little - but allowing transport of any people from infected areas to (generally) uninfected areas is the likeliest way of bringing total lockdown back again soon.

Not my country, not my decision, so I am not bothered - but I will be continuing my own protective measures for a very long time to come.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1