Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Bakery

1. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Friend of mine buys the sourdough at Why Not and he says it is very good. I have seen it and it looks baked correctly. I do understand from others that the French Bakery bread discussed is good if you get it fresh. I've never eaten anything from Rollin Pin. Here is some I just made, ready to be baked. IMG_20200518_194337.jpg IMG_20200518_194206.jpg challah and ciabatta, 3 strand and 6 strand braid.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You could also try why not as they have an excellent bakery and deli!

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The bread sold by the Rolling Pin (that was Ludwig's German Bakery) opps Hypermarket and next to the 7-11...is still the same range of breads I have found.Wholewheat,Multigrain and Rye breads.

Also for those on the northside the Breaktime Restobar in Sibulan bakes Weds everyweek.. Corn Bread, Onion Bread and my favourite Raisin Bread. You have to order before Weds. They have a phone number on their facebook page.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. EandN

EandN DI Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 17
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The 'French Bakery' and 'La French Choclatine' are one and the same. Located on the highway at the front of the Octagon Sports Bar. Sadly, I have to agree with you that the bread is generally of a poor standard, if eaten fresh from the oven it's nice but once it has been standing a while it's very solid like a bloody house brick. An hour after they have been cooked the baguettes could be used as a truncheon, lol. On the plus side though, some nice cakes and pastries to be had and the staff are always friendly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    My son's GF is a waitress at Anna Marie's bakeshop across from the down town Jollibee near Lee Plaza. I haven't been there but she brings home the best and richest chocolate brownies, delicious chocolate cake and very good wheat bread, she says they have good coffee and many other things. in my opinion what I have tried is by far the best I have had in the Philippines.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    best german style bread you find in Why Not at the boulevard, fresh baked every day - they have imported Pumpernickel, from time to time. also recommended a french bakery near Silliman university. a french guy is living in Bacong baking fresh croissant with real butter and also bread, absolutely fantastic taste, just ask around in the area.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Try Lee Plaza or Cangs in Daro both have on Site baking.

• Agree Agree x 2