Dumaguete Info Search

Balikbayan box

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Mr. Reddit, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Mr. Reddit

Mr. Reddit DI Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 2
    I am trying to calculate the cost of shipping a box from Portland, Oregon to Siquijor Philippines. The LBC site is absolutely worthless (as are many online sites in the PH). The estimated dimensions are 20"x20"x20" and weight is 20 lbs. What shipping company is the most reliable and cost effective for shipping? There does not seem to be any discount for a Balikbayan box, so I wonder what is the difference between a regular box and a Balikbayan box? The only 2 options are shipping via AIR or slow boat. Having entered this information into the LBC site I get an estimate of $604 USD, which is an insane amount. I am only shipping some cargo shorts and antacid tablets and ear plugs, maximum value $200 USD. Thanks ahead for any information.

2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 1,093
    Related thread may help your inquiry! https://dumagueteinfo.com/board/threads/balikbayan-boxes.75160/