Dumaguete Info Search

Clothing & Accessories BALIKBAYAN BOXES

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by DAVE1952, Feb 28, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    $90 per box does seem expensive mind you, thousand + miles from the nearest sea port, all done with a covered Wagon may explain that?

Through the years they have come up with various different rules for this service, around 5yrs ago when I collected my empty boxes I was given additional forms to fill, on these forms I had to categorise each item i.e.; toys, clothing and a value, things of high value I put down as used, maybe it had taken a few weeks to get these two boxes filled, but when it come the time for them to be picked up the courier just laughed when I handed him the forms and told me to throw them in the bin, I'm sure he also said forget about any new rules they make there are never implemented, I would suggest the Customs Officers at the receiving end may get P50 per arriving box to help fill the petrol tank of his big car? the rule concerning the amount of boxes that can be received in one year is not adhered to, my neighbour had 12 boxes delivered in one shipment, I have had 3 then another 2 boxes delivered in the space of 3 months.

There will always be new Bills passed in PH where the people who raise them never think that far ahead on how to implement them, if they had name recognition their computers would blow up with too many Dong Dongs, Gie Gies and La La's to contend with, mind you even in England that would be a problem where the common name used to be Smith this has become rare and now it is Patel, to be fair in Scotland the phone book starts and finishes with the letter M, mostly they will be MacTavish, MacDougal or MacPherson, the MacDonald's cease to exist there, they were all deported to US where we used to send all our criminals, as they were a clan of thieves and vagabonds. another problem being we are mostly named Jock and the females Mary so you have to dial up the operator and ask for Big Jock frae Auchtermuchty, or wee Mary with the big boobs frae Auchtertool.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    Have used them lots of times from both Ireland and china and found it a great service considering the other options and prices, never had a drama until yesterday, this is how the latest box got home from Beijing we also use the same company for sending money home too and never a worry, they already returned my fee and will replace all broken items by way of reimbursement no questions asked (but nothing was broken ), so I guess no harm no foul, will continue to use them as its a headache to find another service from china and it only takes 5 weeks to Visayas from Beijing, I would lay the blame at the Filipino end of the delivery

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Who is THEM?

4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,609 / 2,891
    I had a friend (yes, Dave, I did have one ... and he never called me fecking ugly - but then, you are known for your honesty!) and he went to work as a teacher on the Isle of Lewis. If a pupil was running too fast in the playground he would shout "McCloud" and ALL the pupils would turn around. Being a Census enumerator must have been easy in past days.

5. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,609 / 2,891
    Gloria (who, I think, would come (sic) in the night).

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,995 / 1,090
    Those are (TrenzExpress Box's) In the interest of a timely response, I answered. Site is at -
    http://trenzexpress.com/aboutus

7. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,609 / 2,891
    As everyone realises, volume is an issue (where weight is not limited).

Looking at a well-known courier, I see that a box can cost 10p (UK money) per square inch. This can go down to 5.6p by using bigger boxes/promos.

I had an old Tesco Malted Wheat box here (they used to sell them in City Mall) and worked out that it would cost from £3 down to about £1.90 to send.

Obviously, sending small and heavy products is the best (if the price in Phils is expensive) and perhaps some of these could be sold on. I know, by buying from a business selling imported goods, that items such as Germolene are relatively expensive here and possibly could be sent to sell via Shopee or FB (IF government rules on medications allow). This profit idea could include premium soaps, make-ups, etc. to allow the ladies to preen themselves. A few well-chosen items could pay for the entire sending fee.

On a slightly-connected idea - a friend in the UK took pieces of silverware to the USA when she visited her daughter there. She sold them at enough additional profit (additional to what they would sell for in the UK) to pay the entire cost of the holiday.

8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,609 / 2,891
    I was not sure @Dutchie that anyone would get that! :smile: