Dumaguete Info Search

Balikbayan Visa Balikbayan Visa - Success & Other Stories

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by AlwaysRt, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo DI Member Restricted Account Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +43 / 27
    Changing Your Name after Marriage - FindLaw
    I hope this helps. Cheers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That certainly won't hurt to have. An 'original copy' (stamped color copy vs a zerox copy) of your marriage license from the NSO is going to help the most. You can get as many 'originals' as you want from the NSO, I don't remember how much they are but remember thinking the price was good. Once through the lengthy original filing mess and waiting for months, I have gone back for a couple more. Walk in, fill out request, get a priority number, pay, move to the other line, walk out with copies. Time just depends on length of the que.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Worth noting that you can order NSO documents online and have them mailed to you. I have personally used this to obtain a marriage certificate of someone who was being "difficult" about providing documentation I needed.

Apply online through:
    NSO Birth Certificates (and more) | Online Application | Worldwide Delivery

Fees were paid at a 711 through some payment option the government has with them.

Documents arrived from Manila after 4-5 days. I was pretty impressed at how easy it was.

• Informative Informative x 5
  4. SirDaniel

SirDaniel DI New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    After 15 years of traveling back and forth to the Philippines , we have had no problems getting the BB stamp. My wife is a dual citizen with a Canadian passport and a Philippine passport, with our married name in both passports. We approach the gate together, and we always carry our marriage certificate with us, but to date have never been asked for it. On our upcoming trip, we are going to see if we can get in the senior's line.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    “Balikbayan” is a combined word, “Balik” meaning “return” and “bayan” meaning “country” or perhaps more accurate, “homeland”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1