Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Bamboo Bob’s Pizza

1. Robbo

Robbo DI New Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hey all, a few changes being made, there has been a lot sh*t going on behind the scenes.....got to love expat life hey, the changes will be for the better, gonna filter out some of the customers, move to changes we have always wanted.....all will happen over the next week or 2 but it will be open starting tomorrow for pizza and basics whilst changes are made.

• Like Like x 6
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Just had take out Supreme Pizza. Delicious but so big I could only eat 2 pieces. Added my own jalapeños

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    The following was posted on FaceBook.
    Make of it what you wish.

Hey all, it's 3am..... unfortunately due to events that unfolded tonight. Bamboos will be closed indefinitely. Please respect our private space and let us work through this difficult period. We thank you for your amazing support always. If we choose to open again we will let you know. I'm so sorry for all our customers as you really are not customers you are friends. I'll update soon.
    Thanks mark

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Really good Pizza BTW. Twice I had driven from Tanjay City specifically to get one.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    When this place was La Fiesta it was owned and run by German Ralf and his wife, then Bob had taken it over hence the name, after Bob it was Larry who may have been Aussie? But now it is owned by a guy called Mark who is an Aussie, (he likes to boast about how much money he has, which suggests to me he has reinvented himself?) apart from his Pizza which I think is really good the rest of his food in mediocre to me and overpriced, service is not all that good with a long gap between the first and last meal to be served to even just a company of 4 people, if you care to look on trip advisor they have a couple of sh*t reviews done by myself, I do believe in more recent times he brought in a New Chef, if that is true the food can only get better? I think I heard they may have dropped the Bob from the name now?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Robbo

Robbo DI New Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Should have been open from 11, will ask about this today, but, as of Wednesday, fully open from 11am til 10pm, will stay open later if still busy. Will be a new and improved menu and style of restaurant.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    When i was in there last (march 2022) for few beers so no comment on the food, it had just been taken over by an Australian couple, Man and wife I believe?

They had been waiting 2 years to get over to pi due to the scamdemic and start a new life, I dont remember there names but they brought their kids with them from Australia ,, So I am guessing this has now changed again to new owners,,

I remember it well when ralph owned it and i used to enjoy a beer or 10 in there,, Living in Dauin at the time it was on my way to town and on way home :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    That are excellent news.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Doesn't sound good.
    For me it looks like another bit the dust.

It's really a pity. I like this place, the food, the service, the environment at the way it was driven by its owner.

Fingers crossed they will open again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They also have their menu at the Hillside in Valencia and, I believe, a second location at the Flying Fish in Dumaguete. Never been to the one at the Flying Fish but the food (I only tried the pizza) at the Hillside tastes the same as the location in San Miguel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1