Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Bambulo

1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Alex, maybe I was not clear on the new and old fees. The only fee I think you will be concerned with now will be the 80 P per person Amenities Fee. All other fees seem to have been eliminated or included in flat Amenities fee. I will try to state the fees clearly as I understand them:

OLD FEES: 150 Consumable Entrance Fee
    100 P Pool use Fee
    75 P Miniature Gold Fee ( as I remember)

NEW FEES: NO Consumable Entrance Fee
    80 P Amenities Fees per person which includes unlimited use of Pool, Miniature Golf, and Pool deck area with structures use Fee (NOTE: siting on the pool deck area kicks in the Amenities fee whether you use any of the Amenities or not. )
    No separate Miniature Golf Fee - included in new Amenities fee package.

As long as you use the Amenities if you sit in the pool deck area it seems like a great deal.

I will try to attend the re-opening today to see if I have stated the fees properly. If I have not I will post a correction. I hope to see a few people there. I have been fighting a cold all week so I do not know what my activity level will be.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dave & Imp

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    We went to Bambulo resort yesterday afternoon. There were four of us, and we were the only ones there. For our 80 P entrance fee (only because we sat next to the pool) we were able to swim for four hours until exhausted, and play miniature golf. There was no one else there... we had the whole place by ourselves. It was like having your own private resort. This usually seems like the case on Wednesday to Friday (they are closed on Monday and Tuesday). We had some drinks and no food. Total for 4 people was less than 500 P for the use of the resort all by ourselves. Try it during the week, not Saturday and Sundays unless you like crowds.

We usually ask for a bucket of ice for our drinks, I do not drink beer so I do not know if that would be appropriate to put ice in beer, but I guess you could always chill the bottles in the bucket of ice. Unlike most place they are not stingy on giving out ice, of coarse we were the only ones there to consume their supply of ice.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    a burger aint a burger if it hasnt got beetroot on it...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Restricted Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,221 / 1,090
    Having been there quite a few times before I have nothing to say on the new set up But, the grounds and day Cottages would be a very good location for a DI get together if Dustin likes his visit. No one would need to be Overpowered or feel left out, the grounds lend themselves to the family attending too.:smile: Wives would not get Bored here:D

Mums and Kids around the pool area, Lads in a day Cottage to have a few SMB"s
    Just a Thought.:rolleyes:

JP:wink:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave & Imp

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Ok, I photographed the sign posted but the file is too large to load here so here is a paraphrased version;

Bambulo Resort will re- open January 8.

Lower Entrance Fee and free use of Amenities: This mean there is no fee for siting in the bar or restaurant sitting areas , those areas are FREE. However if you sit in the Pool Areas lounge area to eat, drink or swim you are charged 80 P which includes the use of the pool and Miniature Golf coarse also. That is 20 P less than it use to be, which was only for the Pool. There use to be NO 150 P consumable fee, which I never found was enforced upon me. Actually I like the new system because I can use the amenities without worrying about a consumable fee.

Very low food prices of Good Food: This means that they know their prices were maybe too high and quality too low, so maybe we are looking for some improvements. There have replaced the kitchen staff and reduces some of the food prices. We can only taste the results of their new policy and staff. I think the Filipino dishes are better than the "foreign dishes". To find good "foriegner meals" I think we have to go back to our mother countries or our mother's kitchen (see previous post here)

New Hours: They will not be open from 9 AM to 9 PM. Shorter hours than previously when they were open from 6 AM to 11 AM (I think, as I never made it to closing time)

New days of being open: They will only be open Wednesday through Sunday, being closed on Monday and Tuesday.

The environment to me is the best thing about Bambulo Resort. The pools and ambien with the night lighting is beautiful. Very romantic spot, competing with Mia's by the airport but I would say better. If you want a romantic meal for the special lady or your wife or both, I can hardily recommend the environment. It is clean and very well maintained resort.

I was very disappointed when Bambulo Resort closed at the end of October as the closing put a damper on my entertaining agenda. It use to be that from Monday to Thursday, the evenings were almost empty around the pools. The place was like my private resort, and I could never figure out how they could pay the electric fees for the pool lighting and fountains for only two people eating. I would like to see everyone support Bambulo Resort because I am selfish. It is close to my house and I love the place, and would hate to see it close again.

Note they also have four cottages that are very nice. I will try to post pictures in the future.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dave & Imp

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    The bamboo telegraphs has given me a RUMOR that Bambulo Resort will open again on January 8, under the same ownership but with a different kitchen crew.... I am very happy to hear that, if you have not tried Bambulo Resort it is a great place for drinks, food, swimming, and a good place to play miniature golf. NO GUARANTEES on this, but my neighbor who still works there gave me the good news... I mean rumor

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    From what most have posted here it doesn't seem that you should have been charged for the entrance fee. I would advise asking for a receipt next time and showing the owner if you believe you are being charged for something you shouldn't be. I'm sure he would be more than happy to address any concerns you might have with the pricing and take care of any staff that might be overcharging customers. I believe in at least giving the owner a chance to make it right.

My girlfriend will be eating there for lunch or dinner sometime soon and getting pictures of the place for me to add to the showcase page. Should resolve any questions about the entrance fee. I have not given her any information other than "Go eat at Bambulo." She has never been to the restaurant before so she has absolutely no prior opinion of the place.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    After talking with the owner on several occasions today I can assure you there was no charge on your bill for any entrance fees, only two lots of people ate food in the bar during the time you were there.
    Both reciepts were checked so I hope your post can be amended.

9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Ok this should not have happened, I will check with the owner and post back here!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +752 / 109
    Went there yesterday afternoon. The whiteboard outside leaves nothing to guess stating that the entrance fee is 80 peso including free use of pool and other facilities.
    Nevertheless went inside and sit @the bar, ordered drinks, had diner and yes they charge 2 x 80 peso as entrance fee, in spite of even my pink finger did not touch or get wet of the water in the pool.
    So I am rather curious what will be the outcome of your talk with the owner, as the new fee is only profitable for those visitors just using the pool and have a single drink.