Dumaguete Info Search

Bambulo

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Oct 7, 2014.

1. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    We went to Bambulo yesterday, and it was really nice (despite unexpected afternoon rain). Certainly not crowded, as we had expected on a Sunday. Duma-bambilo-2015-8.jpg Duma-bambilo-2015-1.jpg Duma-bambilo-2015-2.jpg Duma-bambilo-2015-7.jpg Staff was excellent, food was good; tho the beers were only as chilly as the swimming-water. A good time....

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    We went to Bambulo resort yesterday afternoon. There were four of us, and we were the only ones there. For our 80 P entrance fee (only because we sat next to the pool) we were able to swim for four hours until exhausted, and play miniature golf. There was no one else there... we had the whole place by ourselves. It was like having your own private resort. This usually seems like the case on Wednesday to Friday (they are closed on Monday and Tuesday). We had some drinks and no food. Total for 4 people was less than 500 P for the use of the resort all by ourselves. Try it during the week, not Saturday and Sundays unless you like crowds.

We usually ask for a bucket of ice for our drinks, I do not drink beer so I do not know if that would be appropriate to put ice in beer, but I guess you could always chill the bottles in the bucket of ice. Unlike most place they are not stingy on giving out ice, of coarse we were the only ones there to consume their supply of ice.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Since Bambulo is no longer closed I am just going to change this thread title to "Bambulo".

• Like Like x 3
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Also bambulo have sat tv in the bar now and also internet.

• Informative Informative x 5
  5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Good to hear Bambulo is open again. What I learn now there's a non consumable entrance fee of 80 peso a person.
    A great deal if you wanna use the pool, no doubt about.
    But if you just wanna visit the resort, like i did in the past, just to have a drink @the bar with an appetizer or having diner, you now have to pay, as a couple, 160 peso extra.
    Well that will make a San Miguel a bit more pricey than average, same applies for the meals.
    If the owner thinks this new policy will attract more visitors, I really do hope he's right.
    As far as I am concerned is an additional charge of 80 peso just to have a drink there or to dine, without using the pool, a bit overpriced.

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Let's clarify a couple of things. There is no entrance fee now for bambulo, if you sit in the bar or the big resto there is no charge!
    The p80 charge only applies if you sit in one of the cottages,swim or play golf, the p80 is for all three of these.

• Informative Informative x 5
  7. RR_biker

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I obviously misunderstood the new rules with respect to the entrance fee.
    Just to have a drink or diner without entrance fee the place is on my short list for a new visit again from time to time as I did before.
    Thanks for the clarification.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Do not worry about your misunderstanding the new fees I had to talk to the owner to get clarification. The new fee is really a great deal, because you no longer have to eat the food or drink if you do not desire to do so. The food seemed to be an issue with many people post previously. Again my advice would be to visit from Wednesday thru Friday as it is almost empty those day. Saturday and Sunday family day is usually crowded.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. RR_biker

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Went there yesterday afternoon. The whiteboard outside leaves nothing to guess stating that the entrance fee is 80 peso including free use of pool and other facilities.
    Nevertheless went inside and sit @the bar, ordered drinks, had diner and yes they charge 2 x 80 peso as entrance fee, in spite of even my pink finger did not touch or get wet of the water in the pool.
    So I am rather curious what will be the outcome of your talk with the owner, as the new fee is only profitable for those visitors just using the pool and have a single drink.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Ok this should not have happened, I will check with the owner and post back here!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1