Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Banks Directed to Sanitize Money

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    This is really still part of the 'anything you touch outside your home (or possibly inside your home if someone is a carrier)' is a bio-hazard.

People need to avoid thinking about specific items as they tend then to ignore the greater picture.

And even if you obtain sanitised money from a bank, the first time you use it you will receive non-sanitised money in return as change.

I think using gloves is also a distraction and can make people feel more secure than they are - as soon as you touch anything, they are potentially contaminated and so need to be washed. Best not to think about them and just keep sanitising your hands.

Covered face (mask and eye cover) + hand sanitising is the surest route for us to help prevent getting infected if we go outside our homes. Staying in is even better (or maybe equal).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    It is a complex system and, unfortunately, its full of people wanting to get rich quick, with minimum effort. So, as with anything, the rule is to not invest in stuff you don't understand.

Sure blockchains have their practical use, but it's not a cure all. For a few years already they throw blockchains on any problem you might think of, but I have yet to see the really revolutionary results...

Can be convenient to send money around especially if you want it to happen more or less "under the radar", but ymmv in that regard, plus, its also far from free and you will incur losses comparable to bank fees when exchanging back and forth as there's always a split between buy and sell price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Firstly as @Jens K stated above, I am not sure the cash from any store is sanitised. As he says, are they giving out fresh change every time? Just do not believe what you are told as the person serving you doesn't often know, misunderstands you or just says what you want to hear.

As to the time the virus remains 'active' (I use that term as viruses outside the body are not 'alive' as we know life to be) on the surface of anything, there is much confused advice - in such circumstances (as famously with face masks) I ALWAYS go for the safest process in the assumption there is a danger. So, what you are doing is correct. You are avoiding the touching of the coins and notes - when you get them home you are spraying with alcohol (I assume you are spraying both sides). You could instead just leave them in the bag or in a container, as the virus will become inactive eventually (I have read from zero time in the @Jens K reference to 7 days or more in other articles).

I don't want to dispute what experts are saying but we have seen enough evidence so far of so many different opinions on everything that go for the VERY SAFEST.

• Agree Agree x 2