Dumaguete Info Search

beach front property, shoreline - law problems?

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by tuba-coma, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Hyaku

Hyaku DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 3
    I guess its fine "unless" someone complains. Then its another story. Pretty easy going here until you ruffle someones feathers.

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I think Filipino's are at greater risk of getting ripped off by Filipino's than foreigners. At least foreigners have the resources for legal help and to defend themselves.

As with any legal questions, it's best to seek out an expert. Find a lawyer who specializes in real estate law.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    right, i cannot own the land, but generously the house i may have built, the fence, whatever - so if i block the way to the beach i am responsible and punishment worthy - thats how i understood this sentence. no matter, as long as noone cares about his right. i watched a lot of pinoys at the beach now, climbing patiently over hugh sea walls, carefully passing fences ...guess i am one of a few people who ever heard about the right of free beach access, the natives surely don't know anything about that right

4. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    If I’m a foreigner I would rather rent a house on monthly basis during first 2-3 years in Pi, if the gf or wife behave nicely then I will donate all my belongings, house and lot, cars and etc.The law sucks! 99.99% all is possible for getting a bribe..its time consuming to do all the due process of Its more fun Law... and going to court hearing is like getting a Chemo!:blackeye:

If you are on leasing a land and build on it then, you may register the building/house under your name, this is an effective move to secure yourself not to be evicted legally when your GF or Sexy wifey becomes sour. But, to be square you can also make a testament stipulating that incase you go over the rainbow bridge she can claim some of your assets and the rest well goes to anyone you like including me..:redface:

Now for the beachfront, I had 2 beach properties under my local name(not married on that time) both had troubles, we built a jetty but it becomes public, kids comes and adult stole the hardwood plank bolted on copper nails. The other beachfront had worst! An expat claimed a portion of the beachfront even without legal documents all the government agencies told him that his titled land has no beachfront but still he insisted and yes the war started! Another fun in the Philippines!:wideyed::devilish:

Another thing to consider of owning properties is the taxes! There’s 12-40% increase yearly and plenty of donations blah blah blah,:cautious: There’s no way to make money here! You provide jobs to the locals, you feed and educate families but then again it sucks and hurts at the end… I may sound so negative here but this is only a slice of my experienced, the rest were happy endings.:cool::cigar::cigar::cigar:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    latest update and conclusion:
    big plus: nice beach front property
    big minus: seller wants 1,5mio for the beach without title
    no right of way
    owners abroad, company name in title, many sales agents and family members, very confusing
    and, the big bang today, the title is in a bank, because of loans.:cool:
    seems that all bad what can happen here when you are interested in buying property, happened to me at once. (ah, i forgot the crime-murder-story happened on my dream-beachland) - all in all i am happy and grateful for this experience :smuggrin:
    hereby i confirm that all warnings about real estate business in P are absolutely true. foreigner, be warned and choose wisely :inlove:

• Genius Genius x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Move on for me! It must be riddled with Debt. :jawdrop: :cautious:

JP:bag: :thumbsup:

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    surly the bank must own it if it has all that debt (repossession)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :pompus: Now Jim, that is surely Food for thought. :thumbsup:

JP :bag: :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  9. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+

If you want a personal experience/example that this statement is accurate PM me and oh, I will give you one.. lol

10. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    The property you are buying will be clearly defined and survey posts known to you. Everything else between you and the ocean belongs to the government. The DNR (dept of national resources ) is responsible for the foreshore rights in front of the property you are looking at.

You can not build a permanent structure on the beach in front of your property... Nor can you block access to the land in front of your property from anyone. You can build a temporary wooden structure (nipa/bamboo hut) but you have the responsibility to ensure the locals do not turn it into a booze can at night.

I have owned 3 properties in San Miguel Bacong in the last 7 years, cleaned up and enjoyed the beach, had no trouble with the neighbors and have always had a great place in the sand to hang out....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1