Dumaguete Info Search

best bank for foreigners?

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by kelpguy, Feb 7, 2015.

1. FilipinoGringo

FilipinoGringo Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +40 / 7
    Great information.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137

3. Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    I have not had the same amount of luck with BDO, I have found them, particularly in Robinsons branch, extremely unhelpful, and totally disinterested in supplying customer service.:banghead: I have been with BPI in the San Jose branch for a number of years now, and found them very helpful, and a no-problem approach re transactions with transferring funds from Oz to Phil. Now, I don't want to cramp my style here, but there is a new Branch manager there, and she is a real cuie, :singing:if I was not already spoken for, she would be inundated with my advances............lol................:thumbsup:.................if BPI had a branch in Robinsons, it would be perfect for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 12
    My current problems with BPI is in online banking, I've used several browsers, cleared cache and cookies:

- The BPI site logs me off in SECONDS ''due to inactivity'' even when my keyboard and mouse are smoking hot.

- And I get this error message day or nite after successfully logging in and also when I attempt to do an ''in bank'' funds transfer, ''BPI Express Online is currently unavailable to service your online banking transactions. Please try your access after the system refresh or maintenance activity.''

A week ago I tried to login about 7pm and gave up after more than 10 tries.
    About 7:30 pm last nite I tried to log in twice and failed.
    About 7am, this morning it took me 5 attempts (or more?) to log in (and stay logged in), using Firefox and Chrome). I finally succeed using Firefox.

Am I the only person having these problems?

I've written them several times and they are ''working on it.''

thanks

5. Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    :frown:That must be a unique problem for you mate, for some strange reason, because I have never had any problems with online banking and have been transferring funds from my Oz bank to my BPI bank account for many years. I use Firefox and am on Globe broad band. The only time I have not been able to get online with BPI is when they do maintenance and that is so rare that I forget the last time it happened.:cool: Maybe it could be your wi-fi connection ?:smile:

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+