Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor Best beaches in Siquijor?

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by bjorn, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you might wanna watch first once how Delta deals with bikes loading and unloading before you book a ticket there.

They don't have that much storage options for a bike...

Attached Files:

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Nice boat pics! Where's the bike?

3. bikerguy

bikerguy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    overboard?!

went also to montenegro office at the pier but didnt provide any services to siquijor or the lady doesn't know the company she is working for is going to siquijor :D

4. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
  5. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Back to the Main Topic - Best Beaches

I travel to Siquijor often and love it there. It is clean and quiet, not much traffic and not a lot of noise. We have found several nice beaches around the Island and I think there is one to suit just about everybody.

1. Just about 5 minutes or so west of Siquijor town, take a road on the right that leads to Dondeezco Resort. I haven't been to the Resort, itself, but if you keep driving a couple hundred meters, there is a walking path down to the beach. It is not well kept, but the sand is white and fine and you can go out a couple hundred meters at high tide without getting to the rocks; a great place for swimming without hassles, but without services also.

2. Haven't been swimming at Paliton beach. It looks Ok and I heard it is good but lots of fishing boats there. It isn't far from Coral Cay Resort so I am guessing that it might have suffered the same plight as that beach. I stayed at Coral Cay and the beach itself is beautiful but as soon as you step into the water it turns to mud and you sink up to your ankles .... not fun!

3. Salagdoong Beach in Olang, Maria is actually two small, sheltered beaches that provide a good swimming area even when there are waves elsewhere. They have recently installed a couple of water slides off the cliff into the sea but the water pump wasn't functioning when I was there. They also have a new swimming pool but it uses sea water, I believe. There is a 10P entrance fee to the beach area and it costs an extra 50P to use the pool or water slides, but they have showers, CR's, and restaurant near the beach and you can rent tables at the beach itself if you bring your own food. There is a government run hotel there called Salagdoong Beach Resort (Cottages and Hotel Agripino). This is a really good family spot but I would avoid going there on weekends because it gets quite crowded.

4. Cagusuan Beach between Maria and Lazi is actually a series of small secluded beaches, separated by huge rocky outcroppings. It is a beautiful area and gets almost no attention because of its location. There are some nice sandy areas in the sea without any rocks (I'm not sure about low tide) that are good for swimming. There are obviously no services and only the more adventurous people should even venture there, but we loved it. To get there, you will need a map. Go east from Lazi about 3 kilometers; turn right at Saging and go to the end of the road to a quaint little village called Minalulan. Turn left and follow that small road about a kilometer until you find a weather-beaten blue sign indicating the road to Cagusuan Beach. Follow that dirt track to the end. There is a parking area there and concrete steps leading to the beach. Bring your camera, it is worth it!

5. Not a beach but a nice change from the sandy shores and a fun place to swim, take a ride up to Cambugahay Falls in Lazi, if you don't mind walking down the stairs (about 150 step, I believe). There is a nice refreshing pool for swimming under the falls and some good photo opportunities. Bring swimming shoes as the bottom is rocky.

About bringing a motorcycle, I have done it a couple times but I prefer renting if I am just going for a couple days. Montenegros charges about P500 each way and you have to pay Coast Guard clearance as well on both ends (only available in Larena, if you can find the guy). You can rent a scooter on the Island from P270 to P350 per day so it works out cheaper than bringing your own and gives you more sailing options. I prefer taking the Jaylann from Dumaguete at 10:15 am, returning from Siquijor town on the 1pm trip for only 120P each way. Unfortunately, they dont run on Saturdays.

One more tip, find a small, local, eclectic place along the coast just northwest of San Juan called "Black Belt Grill" and have a nice cold beer while watching the sunset. You wont regret it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lee from Canada

Lee from Canada DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I loved it on Siquijor but to me the draw was riding up the mountains beautiful landscapes

The place we stayed at must have had a star fish explosion there where thousands of them all over the beach (maybe time of the year?)

I rented a xrm for 250p per day brand new bike
    Also quick plug for arriving ask for romeo at the dock hes a tricycle driver very nice guy hooked me up with a nice place to stay and delivered the motor bike to me .

I just text him when i was leaving and he came and picked up the bike at the dock
    Great service and he knows the island and resorts

7. blacksmith

blacksmith DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Which is better...

Salagdoong Beach or beaches of San Juan ?

I'm on a tight budget so I need to make the most out of it. Im also a photographer so I want the best view possible.

Thanks

8. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    I'm a photographer as well. Being my creative side is to go and find shots and make photos. I don't want the photo's 1000's of others have lined up to shoot. Here's a few examples of what i've shot in siquijor:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that helps,
    mark

9. blacksmith

blacksmith DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks mark.. great photos.

where did you stay ? what resort/hotel can you recommend?

10. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    I've stayed at Norwegian dream but would be open to looking at any new options. The food at norwegian dream is quite good though! The chili garlic prawns keep me going back there....