Dumaguete Info Search

Best Computer Shop in Dumaguete City

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by The Dane, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Tawin

Tawin DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how much does a toshiba hard drive usually cost :smile: thank you..

2. Tawin

Tawin DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    where's infomate located?

3. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You can also buy online direct from Manila some give shipment for free and some need you to add LBC, JRS and 2Go fee. They got lots of websites for each companies for you to compare the prices and specs. Just be careful with those scammers/ fakers.

4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I use algorithm for all my needs. I've been to every other shop and gotten blank stares and been met by idiots who don't even know what a full atx motherboard is among many other things. Algorithm is the only one I can walk into and actually talk shop as a computer tech with its people.

Harddrive prices have gone up after the recent flooding in Thailand almost doubling in price. Even though there wasn't a real impact on the few chips made for a harddrive as most are made in China prices doubled simply to take advantage of the situation. It had nothing to do with local retailers but the wholesalers or distributors and all brands went up.

5. Nge Manguwat

Nge Manguwat DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OCTAGON won't sell computers without licensed OS CD and they will charge you for the additional amount of the OS. I told them that I don't need that licensed cd anymore co'z I have one already but they didn't agree. So I walked out and find another shop.

6. ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'm better Octagon has a deal with Microsoft as Octagon is the major computer seller in the Philippines. Many computer retailers get Microshafts deal where if they only bundle MS OS with their computers they get discounts and MS and Intel both have the same deals and even ones that support each other.

What also annoys me is Octagon doesn't even have the simplest things for a computer. They seem to only sell printers, monitors, and completed computers. I ask them for SATA cables, power cords, IDE cables and similiar and always out of stock or not available. The sort of stuff any decent computer shop would try and maintain a decent stock of.

7. _tOny

_tOny DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Tawin Infomate- google maps - infomate dumaguete - Google Maps

@all
    my own review and opinion. (forgive my english)

Algorithm - the only reliable shop here in duma. they know what they are selling
    Octagon - refer to ChMacQueen's opinion which is absolutely right.
    Acelogic - they don't even know what phenom is. i told them its a processor, then they asked me what kind of processor. OMG.
    dgtech - selling at high price with a low spec.WTF. a dual core set with 500gb hard drive, 2gb ram, onboard graphics, monitor, generic case and psu, with all the chair table etc. are sold at 30k plus. i can get a better build with 30k
    technomart - its ok, fair price. and i thnk they're the only shop selling a "BENQ" Led monitor, an 18.8" wide LED @ 4450 pesos.
    "SOS Surplus" - 80gb IDE Hard disk, sold at 1200 pesos. ahahhaa

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Me, between Algorythm and Ace logic would be a toss up. I have had problems with both, and gotten good service from both. Both have shown me they stand behind their products. It is the employees that are the problem, not the owners. Both Randy at Algorythm and Carlo at Ace have shown me they care about their customers, you just have to talk to them directly and not the nitwits that work for them.

Yes, they both have nitwits!

larry

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    totally agree, both are competent and understand customer needs, for me it is Ace Logic by a nose length, as Carlo gets closest to the price I am willing to pay for new products and is just a tiny notch above the cheapest list I can get in the PI. (I am not talking about a CD-rom or webcam or cheap chinese flashdrive)

Just before x-mas I was looking for a 2TB external. He simply told me it is better to wait 'til April if I don't need it urgently, he expects the prices will go down by then, after they almost doubled cause of the Thailand floods. I highly appreciate and honor this kind of behavior, others simply would take my money.

10. ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Actually I recently bought a new HD as well at Algorithm and they suggested the same thing to me. Told me that prices were insanely high because of the flooding in Thailand but they expected in a couple months to drop (This was in January). However I needed it urgently as I had 2 harddrives showing failures (only 1 failed though and other pulled through fine... RIP Seagate 500gb).

But I'm a gamer and I canted a new high end mobo. I was looking for a Full ATX with crossfire for an AM3 from Gigabyte or Asus. Now Acelogic and every other place worth checking told me they couldn't get anything I'm looking for... except Algorithm. Took a few days with Algorithm to check with suppliers and find one with the specs I was looking for and then a few days to be delivered. Price was fairly close to mainstream internet wholesaler prices so no huge profit cut for Algorithm. Made me feel good hence why they get all of my major business.