Dumaguete Info Search

Best Dining in Dumaguete City - Your Opinions Wanted!!!

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Irenicus, Jun 5, 2017.

1. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Though I should not have recommend Coco Amigos for best dining in Dumaguete, I did notice the place is already closed for a couple of weeks and a sign now outside the place is for rent.
    Any particular reason it is no longer open, as no matter what, is was one of the more long time established resto here.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82

I vaguely remember hearing a couple months ago that it had been sold, but that could be a local rumor. I do notice we hate saying, "i don't know." It's easier to make something up...

Sorta surprised it says "for rent," that means it got closed down without a plan, duh... I remember one landlord in california kept a small grocery space vacant for 10 yrs before he got the outrageous rent he wanted, even without rent control on commercial space. Makes no sense...

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    That is what is happening here, CoCo would not pay the new Rent

4. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Obviously the owner of the building where CoCo was located wanted the jackpot what I understood now as quoted. So maybe the next coming 10 years an additional parking area what used to be CoCo terrace!

5. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    For me: The best Hamburger "Old School" and Cheeseburger you will get in kri!

And very, very nice and good dishes I've got in Mafioso!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    actually for a good burger, try Pasta King or Dong Juan, although when we went to DJ a few days ago, the burger buns and lettuce were both "out of stock," so no burgers and no salad, never fails to amaze.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. davewe

davewe DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +59 / 7
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Today, after re-reading this thread we passed by El Dorado after swimming at the beach. I remember and stopped in. The menu was extensive, the restaurant nice with a great ocean view. The 2 entrees we had were both excellent. The prices were consistent with resort prices; meaning a bit higher (though not too much) than regular restaurant prices.

I suppose the only downside is the P200 entry. Janet and I often just split an entree but the 200 per person meant we got two. That turned out OK since both were excellent.

All in all a nice suggestion - Janet thanks you!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    If I really look for very good and special food here in Dumaguete - and roundabout:
    The Number One in Dumaguete is, without any doubt, Andys Golden Grill! (Unfortenately he plans to sell the business and leave)
    Ther Number Two ( a little bit outside) Seadreams in Dauin,
    and then come KRI, WHY NOT!
    And never, never ever again: Casablanca, cause sometimes after eating there me, and even some friends, had a lot of stomache problems!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    As a regular at Casablanca you can call me biased but I wouldn't go there at least twice a week if they ever had caused me stomach problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Usually stomach/food poisoning problems aren't from the meal you just ate. Bacteria takes time to grow in the stomach and for your immune system to react to it. It is usually caused by something you ate a day or two prior to symptoms showing. Just sayin'.

• Agree Agree x 1